Arcol is creating a fully collaborative, intuitive and AI driven architectural design suite. Putting the power back into the users hands and driving value. We leverage modern day software frameworks and cutting edge computer graphics.
Arcol is “Figma for BIM”
Arcol wants to bring modern tools to building design. As crazy as it seems, the tools that game designers have to make virtual worlds are 100 times better than the technology that architects use to design all of the buildings in the world, from massive skyscrapers to single family homes. We are going to change that. Arcol’s mission is to fix this by creating a fully collaborative, intuitive and AI BIM design suite.
With that ambition comes a number of invigorating product and design challenges:
- How can we make collaborating on buildings better?
- What’s the best way to enable a user to intuitively design buildings?
- What are the lowest-friction ways to design buildings?
- How do we ‘re-design’ the ENTIRE design phase of buildings?
We need a Software Engineer to join our engineering team. You will be leading the low level graphics, geometry and ‘front-end’ side of Arcol. You will have a huge impact on the end user experience. We’re looking for someone who will work with our design partners to help build a product that we think will redefine the standard for industry collaboration and product design. We have had a great response from the industry and our opportunity is to create a product that is orders of magnitude better than what is currently out there. The built world deserves it!
More on Arcol
Community. In our first few months, we have built an eager list of users waiting for the product. We are nearing 6,000 people who are excited about the problem we’re solving and are waiting to get their hands on it.
Design partners. We have partnered with key firms in the AEC sector. We’re excited to have these firms behind us and helping us.
Collaboration. We 100% believe that real-time collaboration (Figma) will affect each vertical. We believe the AEC sector is the next sector to be shaken up by it and we’re driving that change.
If you’re interested in the massive problem we’re solving, we’re looking for someone who is similar to the below. Do you?
- You have experience designing enterprise-focused products.
- You have 3+ years of experience working at an early stage startup on software engineering
- You are deeply competent at 3D mathematics related to computer graphics.
- You have a “show, don’t tell” mindset and default to action.
- You have empathy for the end user, an ability to “put yourself in their shoes”
- You have experience writing performant low-level computer graphics.
Our Ideal Candidate Looks Like
Are you a front-end UI wizard? Do you also love nerding over geometry and math? Do you think WebGL is cool? Do you have a kickass web portfolio that includes some awesome UI work? If yes, then boy have we got a job for you!
… If it’s no, feel free to still apply we have a “learning” mindset here at Arcol
How We Run Hiring
- Apply to this job posting. Please include a link to your personal site or portfolio.
- An intro call with the founders so we can learn about each other. We’re most interested in learning why you were motivated to apply.
- A small task to complete similar to a problem you would encounter as a member of the team.
- Another call to present your work. You can expect a few more detailed questions so we get an understanding of how you think.
By working at Arcol you’ll be able to:
- Take charge of the low-level front-end tech that Arcol is build upon.
- Entirely lead the 'front-end' engineering of the company.
- Work with our founder to build a 3, 6, and 12-month product roadmap – with an understanding that plans inevitably evolve.
- Establish design best practices, as well as a standardized design aesthetic for the entire app.
If this sounds exciting, please apply to this posting. But if for any reason you don’t meet these requirements, but you feel like this role is meant for you, apply anyway!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About SnapsheetSnapsheet is an industry-leading technology company building products that make insurance simple, for everyone. We create platforms that drive efficiencies using data and technology to enable the easiest, fastest and most accurate claims processing in the industry.
OverviewTrellis is a full-service eCommerce agency with a single focus: make commerce simple. We help growth-focused brands succeed through design, development, and performance-based marketing services. As an award-winning, remote-first organization with headquarters in Boston, w
THE CHALLENGEEventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. We are seeking a Senior Frontend Software Engineer t
Your JobIf you are an engineer who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of page views a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the
About usForray is a technology company looking to create a property management online eco-system for property management companies to make management a more cohesive experience.Looking for a front end developer. Developing a web based property management application.3 years of ex