Hi, we’re Rheaply!
Over the past year, the world has cultivated a new sense of appreciation for everyday stuff. With global supply chains collapsing and operating budgets shrinking across the board, we have seen the demand for goods and services skyrocket. The obvious solution to being more resourceful and cost-conscious has been to increase the value of everything already around us. At Rheaply, we’re helping organizations do that by developing better inventory management and resource sharing tools. Although rewarding, this problem is not ours alone to solve, which is why we need extraordinary talented people like you to join our team. While we’re also excited to one day meet in person (and hopefully soon!), we are ready to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding process remotely.
Founded in 2016, Rheaply, Inc. is a Chicago-based technology company focused on solutions for making organizations more efficient, sustainable, and connected. Rheaply has developed and launched the only exchange technology for people to share their ideas and surplus items with each other to reduce time, costs, as well as environmental waste. On Rheaply’s Asset Exchange Manager (AxM), users from all departments can access equipment, supplies, and expertise from members in the same organization or beyond. Recently, Rheaply has been featured in The New York Times, Nature, VERGE, and Greenbiz, chosen as a 10 Big Idea in Innovation by Chicago Magazine, a Circular Economy Solver by MIT SOLVE, and received the 2019 Sustainable Procurement Leadership (SPLC) Award for Circular Economy Leadership among other notable awards and recognitions.
As we continue to expand our business, we are seeking a frontend engineer to join our current product team. Please note that this role is remote-friendly.
What You’ll Do
As a frontend engineer you will be a key member on a talented team that delivers Product at Rheaply. Currently our main offering is a Progressive Web App (PWA) and is developed for both desktop and mobile. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder across functional areas of the company and your feedback and perspective will help contribute to a product our customers truly love.
Build features, bash bugs, and contribute to an ever evolving suite of engineering tools, methodologies, and systems.
Collaborate with the entire product team (backend engineering, quality assurance, and ux design) to scope, manage, and deliver product
Be comfortable working across our entire stack (frontend in Aurelia; backend in NodeJS)
What You’ll Need
Proven track record building high quality web applications
Strong understanding of fundamental technologies of the web and browser
Comfort working independently in a fast-paced, changing, and loosely-structured environment
It helps if you have
6+ years of relevant industry experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience using a user centered design process and iterative prototyping
Experience working in a modern and progressive frontend stack (JS, TypeScript, Web Components, PWAs, State management, Snowpack, Cypress)
Experience creating and maintaining UI and design systems
Strong project management skills
Ability to mentor and develop junior developers through code reviews and 1:1 mentorship
Willing to embrace challenges and changes with a positive attitude
A demonstrated interest in sustainability or circular economy (e.g., coursework, work or internship experience, involvement in student groups)
Comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
A builder who is able to pivot to the needs of a growing business and culture.
Curious, research focused, ready to learn, and someone who over communicates.
Living Rheaply’s Core Values. (see below)
At Rheaply, we envision a world where all assets and resources are highly visible, searchable, and reusable. Oh, and we love what we do, like, really love what we do. So, join us today to help us achieve our mission!
Rheaply’s Core Values
At Rheaply, we thrive to provide the most seamless experience for our AxM users, enabling our client organizations to achieve full utilization of their assets, thereby reducing costs and waste by keeping valuable resources in circulation. As a team, we pledge to execute our work in accordance with our seven Core Values.
1. We Listen To and Delight Our Users - Our users are our most important stakeholders. We strive to provide the most seamless user experience and value to our users across client organizations. We do our best to have empathy for their problems and challenges. We listen to users’ feedback and provide timely responses to questions and needs.
2. We Encourage Individual Team Member Growth, Innovation, And Happiness - Our people are our most valuable assets. Rheaply’s success is dependent upon the collective drive, intelligence, curiosities and contributions of all of our team members. We care for the wellbeing of each team member and ensure that they have the support and mentorship they need to succeed at Rheaply and beyond.
3. We Value Transparency, Humility, and Open Communication - The key determinant to our successful market execution is our ability to communicate and share successes, learnings, insights, struggles, and solutions across our teams. At Rheaply, we strive to cultivate a culture of intelligence with humility. We care about hearing each member’s voice and understanding his or her unique perspective.
4. We Care About Our Communities And The Environment - Rheaply is driven by the mission to reduce our environmental footprint and accelerate our transition to a circular economy. We strive to live by our mission of promoting environmental awareness and waste reduction in our decisions and actions at Rheaply and beyond.
5. We Promote A Collaborative Culture of Learning and Problem-Solving - Rheaply is committed to finding straightforward solutions to complex problems. We are constantly learning from each other, from our clients, and from our competitors. We strive to understand problems at the microscopic level and become industry experts in building, deploying, and iterating sustainable, circular solutions.
6. We Are Tenacious and We Own Our Work - At Rheaply, we are dedicated to enabling the transition to a more circular world. We are relentless about our mission and vision. We hold ourselves accountable for our words and actions, both internally and in the market.
7. We Strive To Be Helpful - We view all the work we do at Rheaply as daily, non-stop efforts to help and support each other, our clients, our users, our partners, and our shared environment.
Rheaply, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, interns, volunteers, subcontractors.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About SnapsheetSnapsheet is an industry-leading technology company building products that make insurance simple, for everyone. We create platforms that drive efficiencies using data and technology to enable the easiest, fastest and most accurate claims processing in the industry.
OverviewTrellis is a full-service eCommerce agency with a single focus: make commerce simple. We help growth-focused brands succeed through design, development, and performance-based marketing services. As an award-winning, remote-first organization with headquarters in Boston, w
THE CHALLENGEEventbrite's business continues to grow and scale rapidly, powering millions of events. Event creators and event goers need new tools and technologies that empower them to have the most meaningful live experiences. We are seeking a Senior Frontend Software Engineer t
CANDIDATES CAN SELECT TO BE REMOTE OR HYBRID FOR THIS ROLE.24G is an area leader in creating software and digital solutions for some of the world’s biggest brands. Our team of programmers, designers, and creators design websites, build apps, and more—all from the comf
About usForray is a technology company looking to create a property management online eco-system for property management companies to make management a more cohesive experience.Looking for a front end developer. Developing a web based property management application.3 years of ex