Founded in 2013, Skedulo is a fast-growing SaaS company headquartered in San Francisco and with offices in Australia, Vietnam, and the United Kingdom. Here, we use the latest technologies and best engineering practices to deliver groundbreaking software that is making a difference around the world.
If you’re drawn to solving interesting hard problems, Skedulo is for you. Over the past 20 years, less than 5% of software investment has been focused on the needs of the world’s 2.7 billion mobile workers, and the mobile workforce is our sole focus. Join us as we build a scalable platform for the world’s largest brands working with the most respected technology partners.
Skedulo is a momentum leader in Field Service Management (based on G2 Winter 2021 rating) and is growing rapidly to meet the demands of a post-Covid world. This is a compelling opportunity to join a fast-growth, enterprise grade, SaaS based business where an outstanding mobile experience is at the heart of our product and user experience.
The Front-End Developer (Engineer) will be a key member of the Delivery team in the US. Engineers display a solid understanding of core engineering concepts. They are focused on growing as an engineer, learning the team’s tools and current processes, as well as a strong background in Engineering best-practices like automated testing, source control, and agile planning.
Key objectives and responsibilities will include:
Day to Day
- Writing and reviewing code from the sprint backlog inline with front-end team best practices
- Assisting in driving team sprint execution to ensure timelines are met without compromising on quality.
- Anticipates and communicates blockers or delays for their work (or ther squads) before they require escalation.
- Technical Duties
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other engineers, and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Provides technical advice and weighs in on technical discussions / decisions that impact their team.
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
- Communication & Leadership Duties
- Communicate within your team in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and non technical subjects.
- Helps their fellow team members overcome obstacles, resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Mentors more junior teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner.
- Resolving code-based defects discovering either through project work or through our technical support team
- Contributing to continual improvement of coding standards and methods used by our technical development team
- Contributing to technical documentation such as technical design and as built documents
- Must have at least 4 years commercial experience in Front-end web development
- Experienced in Front end unit testing frameworks (ideally Mocha or Jest).
- Experienced in CSS Preprocessors (ideally Sass)
- Understands the importance of a good UI and a clean UX
- Must have strong written and oral English language communication skills
Desired Skills & Experience
Desired candidates will have the following skills/experience in conjunction with the minimum qualifications:
- Will have at least 2 years’ experience developing web applications with ReactJS
- Ideally experienced with one or more of the following: Vuejs, AngularJs, NodeJs and/or Redux
- Strong experience in modern front-end build tools (e.g. Git, Webpack, Yarn, Grunt, NPM).
- Familiar with RESTful API, GraphQL
- Knowledgeable in modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token.
- Beneficial to have prior experience working with offshore and distributed teams
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
- Prior experience with common cross functional tools in JIRA, Confluence, GitHub
- Understands the importance of contributing to the CI/CD pipeline and automation
- Must have a valid US work visa upon hire.
- Must have reliable internet connection and an at home workstation setup.
We encourage you to apply
If you read through the requirements as a checklist and haven’t ticked every box, please don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. Don’t self reject!
Skedulo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse makeup of our workforce is a reflection of the communities we care about and serve. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace and inclusive culture. All qualified candidates are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, age, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 10 days paid public holiday per year
- 8 Mental Health paid days off per year
- 3 Paid Volunteer Days per year
- Paid Calm App Subscription
- Stock Options/ Equity
- 401k 4% Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About us:ShareStream is a leader in online video and media management solutions for learning and media-based communications. Our team is passionate about building a great product that is continually evolving and providing a service that allows our customers to realize the vast po
Experience Level: SeniorHello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career?We're looking for a Front End Engineer to join the engineering team at Modus. Want to help our client’s build awesome solutions to accomplish their goals and vision? Are you interested
RSG seeks a talented survey programmer who will work as part of our employee-owned organization. Ideal candidates are excited to collaborate with project teams to design and program online surveys used to collect data and provide high-quality insights to a wide variety of RSG cli
Location:RemoteJob Terms:TemporaryStart date:02/07/2022Date:01/21/2022Job Description:The PositionWe’re looking for an excellent team player who has rich experience and passion for writing high quality and highly performant code. You should be someone who enjoys solving pro
Our MissionAvoma is on a mission to make meetings more productive and enjoyable by unlocking the rich trove of data and insights from your conversations. Our intelligent meeting assistant helps professionals automate common tasks required for all business meetings, and we leverag
More jobs by this company
We are Skedulo, the world's leader in scheduling and workforce management software. In response to COVID-19 we have partnered with government bodies and healthcare organisations worldwide to bring the fight to COVID. We are driving the roll out of vaccine programs at scale intern
Here at Skedulo we work on leading Deskless Productivity Cloud solutions powered by AI and machine learning to empower organizations to manage, engage and analyze their deskless workforce, supporting the 80% of global workers who don’t work in a traditional office setting.