Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Job Level: Mid Level
JobType: Full Time
Job Location: Cotopaxi HQ: Salt Lake City, Utah. Eligible for remote work in Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, California, Tennessee or Georgia.
Cotopaxi is an outdoor gear brand founded to create sustainably designed products that fight extreme poverty, inspire adventure, and move people to do good. As a certified B Corporation, we believe in using the power of business as a force for social, environmental, and economic good. Our creed, Gear for Good, touches every aspect of our company. Cotopaxi is committed to making all of our gear using recycled, repurposed, or responsible materials by 2025. We allocate 1% of our annual revenue to the Cotopaxi Foundation which awards grants to outstanding nonprofit partners carefully selected for their track records at improving the human condition and alleviating poverty. In 2020, Cotopaxi aided 822,000 people through poverty alleviation programs, and in 2021, we hope to assist 1 million people experiencing extreme poverty.
Job Overview (What You’ll Do):
We are looking for a consumer-focused, passionate and enthusiastic Software Developer who will be responsible for maintaining & developing e-Comm solutions. For you, success in business is about more than profit. You have a vision for a world in which business positively impacts society, community, and environment. You are a scrappy, industrious individual that loves all things coding and problem solving and are capable of quality work and on-time execution.
This role sits on the engineering team reporting to the Director of Engineering, and will help grow our eComm goals for the coming years.
Join a growing engineering team that's empowering and accelerating a global movement of people using business as a force for good!
Job Responsibilities (How You’ll Do It):
- Work with our front-end developers and internal design and marketing teams to help gather requirements and offer suggestions and ideas.
- Work with a variety of back-end frameworks and libraries and understand the pros and cons of them.
- Strive for simplicity in code design while collaborating with other engineers.
- Care about great code and be eager to learn new technologies.
- Embrace new challenges with confidence.
- Be curious, always tinkering with new technologies and frameworks.
- Push the boundaries of what technology can do.
- Think deeply about creating scalable systems, particularly those that enable you and other engineers to innovate and move fast with high quality in a repeatable way.
- Communicate your opinions but also consider all sides of a debate and adapt to new perspectives that emerge from it.
Job Requirements (Who You Are):
- You have 3+ years of industry experience.
- You have knowledge of HTML/CSS, experience with pre/post-processors (Sass, PostCSS, etc.).
- You are an expert in analyzing and optimizing front-end performance.
- You have front-end tooling / build system experience (eg. Webpack).
- You have module bundler / build system experience (Webpack, Gulp, Browserify, etc.).
- Typescript experience is a plus.
- eCommerce/Shopify experience is a plus.
We take character and camaraderie seriously at Cotopaxi. We like givers and builders. Our brand is always growing and evolving, which means you’ll be evolving with it. We like to see candidates who show strong capacity for adaptiveness and flexibility. We’re a spunky company looking to prove that mission-first brands CAN win. If you join our team, you’ll be a part of something bigger than a bottom line; so, we love to see volunteering and community engagement on resumes.
The Work Environment:
Cotopaxi is a company that values people, impact, and adventure and our work environment reflects just that. Whether you are working from one of our retail stores, our headquarters, your couch at home, or even your van in the woods, you’ll feel the camaraderie of our amazing team of visionaries, builders and go-getters. We work hard and we play hard. We are a team of outdoorsy and indoorsy, mission-driven people looking to prove that business CAN be a force for good. So, if you join our team, you’ll be a part of something bigger than a bottom line.
Job Benefits (The Perks):
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Company paid basic life insurance.
- Company paid short term disability coverage.
- Company paid life assistance program.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Unlimited responsible PTO.
- 60% off Cotopaxi products.
- Additional outdoor gear discounts.
- Gym reimbursement stipend.
- $1,000 stipend after 18 months for bucket list adventure.
- $5,000 stipend after 5 years for bucket list adventure.
- Company outings and gatherings.
- A fun, caring and empowering company culture!
Cotopaxi is an inclusive Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and consider all applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About us:ShareStream is a leader in online video and media management solutions for learning and media-based communications. Our team is passionate about building a great product that is continually evolving and providing a service that allows our customers to realize the vast po
Experience Level: SeniorHello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career?We're looking for a Front End Engineer to join the engineering team at Modus. Want to help our client’s build awesome solutions to accomplish their goals and vision? Are you interested
About Agent IQAgent IQ is building a customer engagement platform to enable financial institutions to build and maintain relationships with their customers through secure, authenticated and personal human-to-human communication. Agent IQ provides a SaaS solution which uses AI to.
RSG seeks a talented survey programmer who will work as part of our employee-owned organization. Ideal candidates are excited to collaborate with project teams to design and program online surveys used to collect data and provide high-quality insights to a wide variety of RSG cli
Location:RemoteJob Terms:TemporaryStart date:02/07/2022Date:01/21/2022Job Description:The PositionWe’re looking for an excellent team player who has rich experience and passion for writing high quality and highly performant code. You should be someone who enjoys solving pro