Since 1978, ACS Technologies (“ACST”) has served the faith-based community, building software to help ministries lead with less stress and more accuracy. ACST enables churches to handle every vital area of their ministry from finances to relationships. We're now the leader in the industry but we've got more work to do, and we need the right talent on board to help with our mission of serving churches with tomorrow's technology.
We're looking for an energetic, highly motivated Software Engineer to join one of our talented development teams. You'll create tools and services that improve the development cycle for all of our feature teams. You'll work predominately in the backend (~70% of time), but will also have frontend responsibilities (~30% of time).
- Produce, maintain, and improve the quality of development and testing code.
- Accomplish day-to-day sprint work effectively and meet sprint commitments.
- Follow all programming standards and development methodologies, including quality unit testing.
- Find and implement innovative ways to improve areas of the development life cycle, especially areas related to quality, productivity, and scalability.
- Encourage and enforce code reuse and quality standards.
- Recommend new and better tools, patterns, and methodologies.
- Support and improve agile methodologies.
- Collaborate with other engineers at all levels to achieve team goals.
- Provide technical input for product owners and sprint teams.
- Monitor code quality and recommend or create tech debt stories to address issues.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; and participating in professional societies.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related with at least 3 years of experience in software development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of development frameworks and best practices
- Thorough understanding of system analysis and design
- Proficiency using a modern programming language such as: Go, C#, .Net
- Proficiency using relational databases such as Postgres, SQL Server
- Familiarity with front end development and frameworks such as: React, Vue.js, JQuery
- Proficiency with using source control (GIT)
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Proven ability to learn software development tools, able to self-motivate.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Outstanding benefits package, including 6% 401(k) match
- Free Wellness Clinic staffed by a Nurse Practitioner
- A caring, friendly work environment
- The opportunity to positively impact ministries
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About us:ShareStream is a leader in online video and media management solutions for learning and media-based communications. Our team is passionate about building a great product that is continually evolving and providing a service that allows our customers to realize the vast po
Experience Level: SeniorHello! Are you ready to Work from Home and transform your career?We're looking for a Front End Engineer to join the engineering team at Modus. Want to help our client’s build awesome solutions to accomplish their goals and vision? Are you interested
A little about usAt Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we ai
The best freelance experience for top Shopify developersWe work hard to only connect the very best Shopify devs to the very best eCommerce brands. Always. Our Shopify Experts work with some of the most famous eCommerce brands for projects big and small, including: Alpha
Shift7 Digital is a digital consultancy whose mission is to help B2B companies prepare for what they need now and in the future! We provide a variety of digital solutions - mainly content, e-commerce, design, managed services, front-end development, strategy, and marketing &
More jobs by this company
Principal Back End Software EngineerSince 1978, ACS Technologies (“ACST”) has served the faith-based community, building software to help the ministry lead with less stress and more accuracy. ACST enables churches to handle every vital area of their ministry from fina
Site Reliability EngineerSince 1978, ACS Technologies (“ACST”) has served the faith-based community, building software to help ministries lead with less stress and more accuracy. ACST enables churches to handle every vital area of their ministry from finances to relat