Senior Data Engineer
The workplace is getting more distributed. Over the last decade, the biggest advances in productivity have come from new full stack, collaborative tools that manage distributed work. Code has Github. Design has Figma. What about meetings?
The most important stuff in every company is happening in meetings. But our meeting tools were designed in an era when meetings were almost always in person. Today’s meeting tools let you see and hear each other. That’s it. Vowel is a full stack meeting OS that actually helps you have better meetings, collaborate more effectively, and surface insightful team metrics and trends.
Our team has strong experience starting and running VC backed companies, and our investors include the same VCs who invested in leading software companies, including Stripe, Twilio, Airtable, Carta, Plaid, and Lever.
Our users love Vowel. We won Product of the Day, Product of the Week and the 2020 Golden Kitty Award for Remote Work tool of the year on Product Hunt.
We are actively seeking a Senior Data Engineer with significant development experience who will be responsible for implementing key features across our platform, including real-time audio and video processing pipelines, development of search and NLP analysis features, and processing / analyzing / aggregating data from integration partners, using tools such as Kafka and Avro.
You will be a key member of the team, playing an integral role in the success of our technology platform and infrastructure, with the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with other engineers to architect, implement, and rollout new features
- Work directly with leadership and other team members to ensure that engineering goals align with overall company goals
- Develop real-time, stream-based audio analysis pipelines to derive insight from conversations
- Develop NLP pipelines for extractive summarization, keyword/topic detection, and sentiment analysis
- Architect and build out our reactive streaming infrastructure, leveraging Kubernetes and Kafka
- Work with real-time streaming, presence and messaging technologies such as RTP, ICE, and XMPP
- Work closely with engineering team to evolve architecture
- Build out our ASR and Diarization pipelines to produce reliable, accurate transcription data
- Develop, train, and optimize deep-learning-based analysis steps to extract meaningful data and intent, leveraging multiple data-sources and historical data
- Build new integrations into the Vowel Platform
- Ensure high security standards and best practices
What you should have:
- At least five years of software development experience, using a strongly-typed language, such as Java, Kotlin, and/or Scala
- Strong familiarity with the internals of the JVM, including debugging and profiling
- Experience implementing multithreaded, asynchronous, and distributed systems
- Experience with object-oriented, functional, and reactive programming methodologies
- Experience developing and architecting distributed streaming or batch analysis platforms
- Proficient in writing testable, modular code, as well as comfortable with peer code reviews
- Experience writing SQL and data modeling
Even better if you have:
- Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Familiarity using Kafka and Avro for architecting streaming and batch processing pipelines
- Advanced experience working with cloud platforms, such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience working within agile development processes, such as Scrum
- Familiarity with modern NLP frameworks and machine learning toolkits, such as SpaCy, CoreNLP, TensorFlow, Keras, Deeplearning4j, MXNet, and PyTorch
- Familiarity with RTP/RTCP
- Familiarity with XMPP and web-sockets
- Familiar with ElasticSearch and Lucene
- Familiarity with NLP concepts and recent advancements in the field, such as ElMo, BERT, GPT-3
- Familiarity with test-driven and continuous integration approaches to improve code quality and team collaboration
- Solid understanding of dependency injection concepts, such as Spring or Micronaut
- Experience developing, supporting, and scaling a distributed, high-performance, high-traffic SaaS Platform
- Join the early team of a venture-backed startup with executives that have founded multiple successful venture backed companies.
- Competitive salary + equity.
- Flexible time off policy.
- Competitive health benefits and 401k.
Vowel embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting