Deep Silver Volition has been creating wildly original and successful video games for over 25 years, including the fan-favorite Saints Row series. Our studio has prospered by making fun, innovative games no one else can make, while focusing on work-life balance and fostering a culture of collaboration, continuous growth, and learning.
This is a remote-friendly role. We’re a hybrid work environment, headquartered in Champaign, IL but with employees working permanently remotely across the U.S.
Volition is seeking an experienced Producer to join an unannounced project team. Working with the Production Leadership team, you'll help manage the game's product development life cycle, balancing product quality and innovation with project schedules, while managing competing priorities, feature scope, and team health. This is a great role for someone with a range of soft creative production skills, and enthusiasm for building and leading diverse and inclusive teams.
What you’ll do as a Producer at Deep Silver Volition:
- Lead and collaborate closely with feature teams to drive product quality and timeliness, while ensuring alignment of creative vision and pillars throughout the entire process.
- Foster a healthy team culture that rejects crunch while supporting each other to carry out ambitious goals.
- Gather and coordinate milestone and development feedback with internal & external development teams.
- Help to identify project risks and develop mitigation plans, partnering cross-functionally with developers to resolve risks, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
- Model proactive team communication, ensuring prompt dissemination of information and updates.
- Partner with project management to ensure reliable team performance and deliverables, supporting creativity and building cohesive teams.
- Ensures high quality by continuously playing the game, reviewing competitive products, evaluating design/technical/art documents and other creative materials, and creating quality tracking documents.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and ensure completion of action items.
- Collaborate with Marketing and PR to support their efforts to promote the game while advocating for the development teams.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years' experience developing video games as a member of a production team, preferably on AAA projects.
- At least one shipped title for PC or console.
- Persuasive and effective communication skills, with proven experience in diplomatically and effectively negotiating efficient solutions across cross-functional teams.
- A resourceful and adaptive entrepreneurial spirit, with a bias for action.
- Strong intellectual curiosity, willing to embrace experimentation and invite open participation in creative problem-solving.
- A servant leader mindset, with a passion for enabling creative people to do their best work.
- Working knowledge of Jira, MS Office, Confluence and testing applications.
- Understanding of software development project management methodologies such as AGILE/Scrum.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, risk assessment, problem solving, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to lead, connect with, and motivate all game development disciplines.
Some of our benefits:
- Subsidized medical/dental/vision insurance
- Company-paid life, short-term, & long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off (including parental leave and an annual company shutdown between Christmas & New Year's)
- 401k with company contribution
- Annual learning & development budget + access to LinkedIn Learning
- Quarterly swag & care packages
- Paid subscriptions to Headspace, Doordash, Sworkit, and other wellness apps
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative, and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Role OverviewBundle is looking for a creative Game Designer to create virtual escape rooms, trivia games, and events. The Game Designer will create interactive puzzles and animations to bring our virtual escape rooms and games to life. This position.
Position SummaryCold Iron is seeking a Producer, External Development to join us in creating our next game for consoles and PC! Are you experienced in game production and project management? Do you have a talent for bringing different groups together.
Higharc is a VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Join a founding team who’ve shipped products for Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple.ABOUT THE JOBWe are looking for an experienced External Art Producer to.
Sensor Tower is looking for an experienced information technology professional that has a strong track record managing both systems and people. You understand both the technical and human elements in the interface between people, software, and processes..
ABOUT THE JOBBRON is the parent to a group of companies, operating across the media and technology sectors. Co-founded in 2010, BRON has grown into is a leader in the global film, television, and animation worlds, with new digital content, interactive.