Please apply on our website: https://boards.greenhouse.io/hardsuitlabs.
Come be a part of the future of Hardsuit Labs and the games we work on! We’re looking to boost our UI team with a Lead UI Engineer! In this role, you would be responsible for collaborating with internal and external partners to ensure deliveries are met within the quality standards established. You will serve as a wide-ranging expert on an internal team. overseeing multiple areas related to architecture, UI tools, and features for their projects. For this, you will both be working individually, as well as leading a team of engineers, taking full ownership of their projects. This will be a hands-on role that requires you to contribute significant amounts of direct coding.
- Co-develop and collaborate with production and leadership to establish efficient pipelines and build a world-class UI/UX system
- Recommend the adoption of relevant technical approaches or improvements to the process
- Develop, modify, and debug UI systems in Unreal Engine 5 and C/C++
- Evaluate, optimize, and test UI software to ensure performance goals are met on console and PC platforms Schedule, design, and code review process with an eye on performance
- Motivate and lead a small team of fellow UI engineers
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience as a UI Engineer
- Proficient with UMG Blueprints in Unreal Engine
- Proficient in C/C++
- Strong grasp of object-oriented design principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Passion for making fun games
- Passion for Game UI/UX
- Experience as a game or central technology programmer on multiple game titles throughout their life cycle
- Extensive knowledge of game architecture and development tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences, including productive feedback and brainstorming, creation of/contribution to technical design documents, code documentation, and Wiki/Web-based documents
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with additional languages such as Python, Lua, or C#
- Shipped multiple titles as a UI Engineer
- Demo/samples of previous work
- Experience developing for the console
Employment Eligibility Requirement:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible
- Willing to participate in assessment as requested
About Hardsuit Labs:
It takes talented, driven people to make great games. Here at Hardsuit Labs, we work hard to create and to maintain an environment that not only attracts those people and keeps them here, but that allows them to thrive and to do what they do best – to make great games. It’s not always as easy as it sounds, but it really is that simple.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Cassia is hiring a Senior Recruiter with extensive experience working with healthcare candidates to join our Human Resource team. In this role, your primary focus is to work with multiple hiring managers to assess and fill open positions. You will excel.