IllFonic is looking for an experienced UI Artist to help design, create, and implement both the front end and HUD interfaces across multiple platforms. This position requires not only an understanding of traditional Graphic Design, but some comfort with 2D image applications, Unreal Engine 4, and knowledge of motion graphics applications.
Founded in 2007, IllFonic (IllFonic, LLC) is an independent video game developer with studios in Lakewood,, Colorado; Tacoma, Washington; and Austin, Texas. We offer a flexible work location policy, including work from home full-time, work in office full-time, and work in office part-time. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how games are made and marketed. Titles and collaborations include Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
- Collaborate with the UI/UX Lead and art directors to establish the look of the game's user interface to maintain a consistent visual aesthetic.
- Design and create in-game UI components, including in-game HUD elements, menus, icons, widgets, data displays, maps, etc. from concept to final polished product.
- Iterate on concepts/prototypes until visual and technical needs are met.
- Ensure that the end-user has a seamless and intuitive experience and that all assets appear in-game with a high degree of readability.
- Work with the UI Lead and Producers to prioritize your schedule and deliver assets that support the development goals of each milestone within agreed technical budgets and restrictions.
- At least 3 years experience in the games industry as a UI Artist/Designer
- Strong portfolio of previous work
- Released at least 1 Console/PC game
- Demonstrable Unreal Engine experience
- Strong typography, color, iconography, and layout skills
- Must be able to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule
- Proficient in 2D image applications (Photoshop, Illustrator) and Unreal 4 Engine required, knowledge of motion graphics applications preferred (After Effects)
- Knowledge of UI/UX in games across multiple genres/platforms
- Deep passion for games and quality user experiences
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: