Game Designer Intern (Remote, Paid)
Reworld Inc is a venture-backed company based in Seattle, WA. Our proprietary Reworld Engine is an advanced 3D game creation tool that enables anyone to create amazing digital experiences or games and publish them on our Reworld platform for people around the world to play.
Reworld Internship Programs is a session-based game-jam like experience. You will spend 1 week getting trained to use Reworld Engine or third-party software to design 3D environment or props, and spend another 3-4 weeks to build a game and publish it on Reworld Platform. You will be paid upon successful completion of your game project at the end of the internship session.
As a Game Designer Intern, you will form a game studio with some other interns to design and build a game using the Reworld creation tool and publish it on the Reworld Platform. You will experience the full life cycle from game ideation, development, to launch.
- Work with Reworld management team and your game development team to design a game that's inline with the Reworld's Management Team's expectations, and appropriate for the Reworld Engine and Platform.
- Design a game.
- Draft and iterate on a game design doc (GDD) that specifies a creative, fun game with play and replay values.
- Get the GDD discussed and approved by Reworld Management Team.
- Communicate with the team about the game design and implement project management procedures to guarantee the successful implementation of the game design doc.
- Deliver the completed game on time.
- Passionate about games and game development
- Bachelor's degree or current major in Graphical Design, Art, or equivalent experience
- Ability to learn new things fast
- Self-starter, and goal-oriented.
- Team communication skills
- Can work in a fast-paced, exciting remote working environment.
- Experience designing games in Roblox Studio or Minecraft.
Related keywords: game design, game producer, game design doc
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: $13.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- College Credit
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: