Lead UX Designer
We are a creative technology company that connects people, products, and brands in powerful ways. Our small but growing team of designers, developers, producers, strategists, and content creators is based in Culver City, California. We believe in the power of storytelling, human-centric design, and the intersection of creativity with code to further humanity's relationship with technology. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Left Field Labs may be the place for you.
Left Field Labs is seeking a Lead UX Designer to play a critical and exciting role in launching a new digital entertainment experience for a global client. We’re looking for someone with extensive background crafting the UX strategy, shaping UX design and research processes, and designing low to high-fidelity UX artifacts with an eye towards creating a seamless and one-of-a-kind experience for end users. This role is responsible for shaping and implementing the overall UX strategy and process for a large-scale product from initial concept to launch. You will be working closely with a large, cross-disciplinary team of creatives, production experts, and engineers. This role will report into our Director of Experience Strategy & Design.
You will work closely with your project team to satisfy client requirements that produce high-quality deliverables. A positive attitude and outlook are a necessity, as well excellent, clear communication and professionalism. Organization and thoughtfulness will be the key qualities in everything you do, while focusing on a sense of timeliness and ownership. Every step of the way, you’ll have the opportunity to provide digital expertise and experience.
- Lead development of a new Unity-based virtual experience, with ownership over the process, scope, and deliverables for the user experience research and design
- Manage, mentor, and provide oversight for UX designer(s) and UX researcher(s) and ensure a high quality and UX deliverables
- Translate client requirements and objectives into actionable user stories, user journeys, site/system maps and wireframes
- Persuasively present UX thinking and logical solutions to peers and clients, with an open mind for collaboration and respect for diverse perspectives
- Work closely with visual and game designers and engineering/development teams to translate larger problems and conceptual approaches into actionable, implementable design solutions
- Assist the production and accounts teams in ensuring user experience design deadlines and client expectations are met and exceeded
- Work closely with creative technologist and developers to document solutions in high detail, while ensuring technical feasibility of projects
- Provide guidance and perspective on the best user research methods for answering open design questions and getting feedback from potential users in order to validate and provide recommendations
- Work with production to define internal workflows that enable operational efficiency and quality outputs and help source and manage UX team resources on this project (including external UX vendors and freelancers as needed)
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting user experience research, strategy and design including hands on implementation work, as well as working with and mentoring other UX designers and researchers
- Recent experience leading UX design for games, VR/AR/MR/immersive environments, events, and/or media & entertainment experiences
- Proven experience leading the UX process - from user research and brief to initial experience concepts to wireframes to technical documentation
- Team player who creates opportunities for innovation and excellence, supporting and collaborating with creative, technical, and production leads
- Strong understanding of fundamental design principles, typography, visual hierarchy, and usability and accessibility best practices and ability to apply those to execute clean and elegant design and documentation
- Specialized knowledge of UX/design software (specifically Figma) with an understanding of and ability to build designs using components and libraries and prototype
- UX research experience including planning and conducting user testing and initial audience/positioning research and strategy OR experience working with UX researchers to define test parameters and needs
- Up-to-date on new trends and ideologies in the digital world and a passion for pushing creative boundaries in design
- Able to work independently in a deadline-sensitive and fast-paced environment, while knowing when to ask questions for clarification or to make a more informed and efficient decision
- Time management skills: the ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
- Confidence, collaborative spirit, and willingness to give/receive critique/feedback
- Articulate and persuasive when presenting and defending UX ideas and concepts
- Strong online portfolio showing UX concepts and strategies you created and working examples of those ideas in execution. Must include some examples of experiential/immersive and/or multi-modal work
- A multi-disciplinary background combining design with psychology, computer-science, specialized user-experience focused program or a related field is a major plus
- Shipped titles using Unity
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS, other programming languages, or creative technology tools a plus
Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer.
Left Field Labs is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Please click on the following links for more information: E-Verify Participation Poster. For more information visit the USCIS’ website: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Left Field Labs is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and team members regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00). Left Field Labs makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled team members.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: