Job Overview: We are looking for a Design Director that will create the vision and own the experience quality for a full game project. They will also work with the other directors to plan, detail, and review the work being developed for the game. The Design Director will work with the Associate Design Director and/or Seniors to manage the design team and mentor them to better craft and quality. The DD will be responsible for helping scope and determining design team composition.
The Design Director will need good communication skills and a great understanding of engines, good design process and how to convey vision and intent clearly to rally the team and stakeholders around decisions and changes. The DD will need to know how to negotiate features and solve challenging problems based productively and positively in ways that get us to action and solutions that result in the best experience achievable.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Work with other disciplines leads to ensure the features being developed will bring the vision to life.
- Understand genre needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment
- Assess the workload against. production capacity, help plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team and influence plans for the team
- Assign tasks for the design team and evaluate quality of the deliverable and give feedback for improvement
- Able to drive and follow-up on prototyping (both digital and paper based) with all disciplines
- Communicate the project objectives, sprint objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game design team meets expectations
- Supervise and be responsible for providing clear and structured project documents to ensure that gameplay intentions are understood and that team members are working on the right elements (ingredients, game system, gaming modes, behaviour specifications, etc.)
- Participate in the hiring and mentoring of team members
- Help manage any conflicts that arise within the team
- Drive a positive and productive culture in the design department and the project team
- The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 5+ years in the industry leading teams
- Must have shipped a minimum of 3 titles as a designer and at least 2 titles as a lead designer or higher
- Proven examples of solid game design work
- Curiosity and drive to understand how things work
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability, autonomy, proactivity
- Structure, attention to detail, efficiency
- Ability to clearly express ideas (spoken and written)
- Ability to understand and communicate in technical language
- User focus
- Programming/scripting experience
- Management experience
- Strategic thinker
- UE4 and Unity experience is a +
You’ll be delighted with our people, our culture, and the amazing games you’ll be working on. Come join our merry band and apply today!
Lost Boys Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Deck Nine’s Cinematics team is growing! We are seeking talented Cinematic Designers to join our team in beautiful Westminster, Colorado.A Cinematic Designers primary role is assisting in the setup, implementation, and maintenance of real-time, in-engine cutscenes. You are r
Whether you are an individual or part of a team, the ideal candidate should have published at least one game and able to create games in any of the following genres:idle, incremental, simulation, resource management and sandbox.If you are not experienced with these genres, still.
As the games division of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make.
Overview:(ISC)² ® is the world's largest nonprofit membership association of certified cybersecurity professionals. We're committed to helping our members learn, grow and thrive by providing world-class cybersecurity qualifications, professional development and engagemen
Why Join Us?To put it simply: you’ll work with great people, making top-tier, high-quality interactive experiences with the best IP in the world. We set out to build an uncompromising vision for a game studio and found the ideal partner in Skydance to extend its reach and s
More jobs by this company
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a fully remote home to bring your QA Engineering skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for working on awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment.
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a remote-first home to bring your AAA UI Artist skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment and
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for a fully remote home to bring your AAA Character Art skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along with a great environment
Do you have unreal skills in the programming world? Come run with the Lost Boys and put that to good use! We're currently looking to bring on several Senior Gameplay Engineers with UE4 experience to our team. Bring your passion for creating awesome games, and we'll provide an ama
Lost Boys Interactive, a AAA Game Development firm based in Madison WI and Austin TX, (or remote!) is looking for some great people to join us on our island! If you feel like the job below sounds like you, apply today to find out why it’s great to work with us!Lost Boys is
Lost Boys Interactive is Hiring! If you are looking for remote work and a home to bring your AAA Creature Art skills and experience, look no further. Bring your passion for creating awesome games and leading others, and we'll provide an amazing team for you to work with along wit