- Working hand in hand with other developers to take system concepts to shipping quality
- Design, implement, and balance diverse gameplay and social systems
- Discuss design concepts at a high level, in formal and impromptu settings
- Describe at the low level, in detail, the gameplay systems the player will engage with to ensure a compelling experience
- Create and maintain design documents to share ideas, concepts, and design specifications in helpful, clear formats
- Take a hands-on approach in realizing robust social systems
- Participate in prototyping and testing efforts to prove-out gameplay systems
- Sustain game systems in a live environment
- Anticipate, prioritize, and organize work to meet objectives
- Show a passion for the systems design aspect of video game development
- Proven understanding of multiplayer social systems experience
- Experienced analyzing best practices for social systems based on a specific game
- Experienced working in a live game situation with constant updates and new content
- Experienced taking feedback from other developers and the community to iterate and improve on designs
- Experienced working independently or as part of a team
- Experienced working with game industry scripting tools
- Shipping 1+ game as Systems Designer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Mercer Project is currently looking for a Character Artist with a passion to create believable characters that are full of life and personality. In this role, you will work and collaborate with the whole team throughout the entire development pipeline while contributing directly.
About Your Next OpportunityThe VIVE Partner Marketing Manager is an integral part of HTC’s Virtual Reality (VR) Marketing team, working closely with our enterprise software and engine partners to plan and execute joint marketing and promotional activations. You will conduct
Senior Technical Game Designer (Remote Opportunity for US or Canadian Citizens. Space is also available at our offices in Houston, TX or Woodland, WA).We are looking for people who have:Have a huge passion for building VR learning experiences.10+ years of designing and tuning gam
As the games division of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make.
Disruptive Games is looking to hire a full-time Art Director to help with our upcoming AAA, internal project. This is a work-from-home job with a fully remote team.What You'll Do:Work with principal concept artists to help define the visual style of our internal project.Give dire
More jobs by this company
Meta is seeking a GIS & Maps Quality Analyst for the Spatial Computing team within XR Maps Team. Individuals in this role are expected to be comfortable working as a cross-functional partner in a fast-changing environment and have a passion for solving real-world problems.Que