GovernmentCIO is currently seeking a dynamic Release Manager to join our team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), OIT Veterans Experience Services Portfolio and Data Access Services (DAS) Program Management Office (PMO). The candidate will be a member of the PMO team providing matrixed administrative and technical support services within a high profile and fast-paced environment using DevSecOps principles. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) using agile software development methodologies (Scrum, SAFe, DevSecOps) and be proficient with Jira and VA mandated tools such as MS SharePoint and ServiceNow. The candidate must be adept at using technology to facilitate remote collaboration with geographically dispersed and cross-functional stakeholders in order to interface and communicate with the DAS development teams, test managers, operations staff and Senior Leadership.
The Release Manager is a position of trust that is responsible for implementing and managing the DAS software release processes for code through all phases of the SDLC, including:
- Monitoring of DAS pre-Change Control Board (CCB) Intake items, analysis for clear and testable Acceptance Criteria, and validation of the details required for CCB decisions.
- Function as checkpoint for DAS predevelopment milestones, including Security Compliance and Enterprise Architecture Design Patterns.
- Review Test Scripts and Test Execution Records for completeness and traceability back to Business Requirements and Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure all Work Items contained in the Release Candidate Build has fulfilled the Release Qualifiers and all necessary documentation is complete.
- Identify deployment risks based on test results, environmental issues, partner constraints, or other concerns.
- Report on the Pre-Production Deployment, incorporating any findings as needed to prepare for a smooth Production deployment.
- Host the Go/No-Go for VA Leadership and provide a formal release recommendation based on the cumulative findings from the Readiness Review.
The Release Manager will coordinate with the DAS Team and relevant stakeholders to complete all required phases of the release management process and assists with documenting the project in Jira, ServiceNow, and other VA mandated tools while supporting the PMO and VA Project Manager with other aspects of project management and reporting as required. The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience with Agile/DevSecOps projects
- Proficiency with Jira, including add-ons (i.e. X-ray, Confluence, Roadmap)
- Proficiency with ServiceNow and other VA mandated tools
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Must be highly organized and self-motivating; maintaining high integrity and high confidence
- Must be highly effective at communicating both vertically and horizontally with team members and senior staff regarding release management activities, risks, and opportunities
- Must have strong investigative and analytical skills, critical thinking and be detail oriented
Must be flexible and efficient at multi-tasking in a high profile and fast-paced environment
Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline
10 years of work experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
Current VA access
Minimum 3 years Release Management experience
Requirements elaboration and/or Software Quality Assurance testing experience
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: