About the Role
Container Solutions, a professional services company focused on Cloud Native transformation for enterprises, is seeking a Cloud Native Engineer Intern to join us for 10-12 weeks during summer 2021. Our preference is for a current university student but you may also be a very recent graduate. You must also be fully able to work remotely within Canada for the duration of this project.
You will work on one of our Open Source projects, implementing new features to drive the project forward. You will collaborate with our engineers in regular meetings and discussions over video calls and Slack. You will work independently, asking for advice and help when required. You will regularly present your ideas and work to the team in a supportive environment. This will be a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to a scale-up cloud native consultancy at the very start of your career.
Salary and Benefits
This internship is indeed a paid position, but we have much more to offer you. Even though you will be here for just the summer we still want you to know everything you do matters, and your voice will always be heard. Container Solutions is a respected company in the field of Cloud Native and we believe that this is a wonderful opportunity not only to learn from us but to start building your career whilst still studying. Our engineers are at the forefront of the field, and regularly present at industry events. This position will give you the opportunity to work directly with them and learn through this collaboration from them.
What it takes To succeed in this role, you will need to be a highly conscientious, technically skilled and motivated individual with a genuine enthusiasm for building Open Source software. We hope to hire someone who is a proficient developer and capable of clearly communicating their understanding and findings. In addition, we’re looking for the following:
- A background degree (2019-2021 graduates only) or current undergraduate in Computer Science, Software Development or a related field
- Proficiency with either Go or Rust programming languages
- Experience with public or private cloud (e.g. AWS)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Kubernetes
The Selection Process
- Abstract Reasoning aptitude test: this is an online psychometric test measuring your ability to think laterally and find patterns in problems presented to you in a non-verbal format.
- Situational Judgment Test (SJT): this is an online psychometric test measuring how you respond to a range of common workplace scenarios you may experience as a new graduate.
- Personality Questionnaire (NEO-PI-5) and Interview: you will meet with one of our psychologists to talk through how you see yourself at work.
- Structured Situational Behavioural Panel interview: you will meet with two CS employees who will ask you questions about relevant experiences.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: