We're looking for a passionate Senior iOS Engineer to join our Mobile Engineering team and advance our widely popular iOS app. Mobile apps are a huge part of our product strategy (our customers are managing mobile assets, after all), so your work will impact and advance a critical area of the business.
In this role, you'll be at the forefront of shipping features that directly enhance the lives of our customers around the world. You’ll also be an active participant in collaborating with design and product teams to grow ideas into features. If you’re passionate about crafting quality code and building beautiful iOS applications used by tens of thousands of customers, we would love for you to apply.
This is a remote role and is open to candidates based in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleets. You can learn more about our platform here. Transportation technology is a hot market, and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and are on an exciting trajectory as a company.
More about Fleetio
- Fleetio overview video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlvIbwZT3oU
- Fleetio Go overview video: https://www.fleetio.com/go
- More about the Fleetio platform: https://www.fleetio.com/features
- API docs: developer.fleetio.com
- Test drive Fleetio to get an even better feel for what we're building: https://www.fleetio.com/register
What you'll be doing
- Craft and continuously ship well-tested, maintainable, and efficient Swift code
- Collaborate with product and design to create, design, and incrementally refine features
- Ensure quality in your code with unit and UI tests
- Proactively identify and squash bugs as well as performance issues
- Take an active role in shaping and defining our mobile engineering best practices
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada, or Mexico) or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software, and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and release processes to ship on a weekly cadence. Learn more about our Engineering Team and the interview process here.
- 2+ years of experience building and shipping native iOS apps
- Proficient in crafting quality code in Swift
- Mastery of the iOS SDK and mobile-specific fundamentals (networking, multithreading, memory management)
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in designing human-centered interfaces with UIKit
- Experienced consuming RESTful APIs (Ruby on Rails, Node, or similar)
- Committed to improving code quality through writing unit and UI tests
- Knowledgeable of the current state of the iOS ecosystem, deployment, and continuous integration best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be sure to mention "coffee" in your application so we know you read this
Considered a plus
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Experience with CircleCI, Fastlane
- You know a thing or two about the fleet management industry
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 8 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012 #LI-REMOTE
For Non-U.S. based candidates, Fleetio offers a country-specific competitive benefits package.
Not quite what you were hoping for? Check out our other engineering roles here.
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing email@example.com.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
The IT Sr. Systems Analyst, FICO designs, delivers and supports IT solutions for CertainTeed business processes. He/She/They leverages the best practices within the application landscape (SAP ERP and other applications) and tailors it to business specific.
iOSQualificationsYou should definitely have:Five or more years of professional software engineering experience, with at least two of those years in iOS/Swift developmentExperience working in an Agile team, and, ideally, having enjoyed that experience.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, FRONTSTEPS is a SaaS company with a resident engagement platform to empower communities to be safe, informed, and efficient. More than 23,000 communities nationwide — that is 4.4 million homeowners — are covered by.
Come build the next-gen fintech at Zelle®, where we’re relentlessly focused on empowering prosperity in all its forms.From fast money movement for over 100 million people who can access Zelle® directly through their banking app to new account opening.
Join us now!With millions using our tools globally, Screencast-O-Matic is a leading SaaS provider helping education and business learn and communicate more effectively. Our software and services allow individuals and companies to create compelling and.
More jobs by this company
We're looking for a Senior Salesforce Administrator on the Business Operations team at Fleetio, where you will be responsible for the overall stability and maintenance of the SFDC instance as well as enhancements and the scalability of the system as.