Job Role: Desktop Engineer
Location: Remote job + Contract to hire
Job Description: -
The role of the Desktop Endpoint Engineer Consultant is to engineer, test and implement endpoint configurations including Windows and macOS and user applications for physical desktop environments. The Endpoint Engineer works closely with Desktop Support Teams to provide technical support and serves as an escalation point for endpoint-related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform implementation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance within Intune Environments for Windows devices and JAMF environment for macOS devices
- Create configuration profiles to meet security and/or end user requirements on each endpoint type
- Assist with the creation, testing, and deployment of software packaging for physical desktops
- Develop automation within Intune and JAMF to ensure a consistent user experience: new users to the company should follow a simple enrollment process and be appropriately provisioned to all required security groups
- Oversee the deployment of security patches for operating system and desktop applications.
- Assist with troubleshooting by providing guidance to the Help Desk; in cases where issues cannot be resolved, work directly with the client to resolve individual device issues.
- Maintain standard configurations across the ecosystem -- in both Intune and JAMF, ensuring that all managed devices (Windows, macOS, iOS, Android) have a consistent user experience
- Evaluate new products/services to improve user experience and/or automate manual processes
- Assist with the deployment of security tools using best practices around change requests
- Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of equivalent work experience.
- Minimum six year(s) of experience managing and supporting Windows desktop OS, MAC OS, managed endpoint administration at scale across an enterprise sized environment.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Intune, Intune Configurations, and Autopilot
- Strong understanding of the macOS architecture, packaging, scripting and automated deployment tools (JAMF)
- Experienced managing desktop environments using Microsoft and macOS technologies for user and computer management, software updates, application installations and environment monitoring.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client experience; excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with ability to change priorities on the fly.
- Adheres to department and IT protocols, procedures and service level agreements.
- Strong diagnostic and root cause analysis skills
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills..
- Must be well versed in dealing with staff that is both technical and non-technical.
Job Type: Contract
- 8 hour shift
- macOS Support: 2 years (Required)
- JAMF: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About Lyra HealthLyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies,.
EagleView's User Experience Designers make the complex simple and know that deep consumer understanding is the basis for impactful design. As the company looks to expand into new markets and continues to pioneer the use of aerial imagery and computer.
OverviewConcentrix Catalyst is the experience design and engineering team of Concentrix, a leading global solutions company that reimagines everything CX through strategy, talent and technology. We combine human-centered design, powerful data and strong.
Commitment to Equal OpportunityPPLSI conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings..
We’re looking for talented professionals, anywhere in the United States, to join us in bringing smart money management and payment solutions to everyone’s fingertips.At Green Dot, we are evolving to a new and permanent “Work from Anywhere” model designed.
More jobs by this company
Job Role: Ruby on Rails/ Rack DeveloperLocation: Remote (must be based out of the US / Canada)Duration: 12 monthsTravel: Less than 5%Experience: Proven work experience in a software development team, 5+ years Ruby experienceJob DescriptionReporting to.
Job Role: .Net DeveloperJob Description: At Regions, the Information Technology Software Engineer oversees application development, modification, and maintenance of applications. This position monitors system applications, ensures systems run smoothly,.
Responsibilities and expectations include:Customer-facing professional, with skills to influence stakeholders and team members.Collaborating with client stakeholders, SME's, and PM's to ensure solutions delivery planning and successful project execution..