- The Analyst will work closely with clients and end-users to drive group conversations to determine GIS functional requirements and translate those into technical requirements and detailed specifications required by the development team.
- Ability to meet project deadlines and understand how assigned tasks relate to project goals.
- Ability to perform work accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Interest and ability to internally educate and market GIS and geospatial technologies.
- Ability to assist in developing overarching GIS solutions that can be consistently applied to various projects.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- The analyst will gain a clear understanding of the GIS business needs and detailed client processes/workflows per the end user and document those needs as functional requirements.
- After analyzing GIS functional requirements, the analyst will propose technical solutions to meet the stated requirements in the form of technical requirement specifications.
- The Analyst will communicate with team leaders and project management as well as the user community to ensure GIS needs are understood and met.
- The Analyst will assist development teams and project management teams to develop realistic timelines and expectations for client needs and work with client users to facilitate key, timely communication to mitigate change impacts and scope creep.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geology, environmental science, or related field with demonstrated GIS training or coursework.
This job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on business needs.
- This position requires prior experience working directly with programming and database teams in a development environment on enterprise-level projects
- Proven experience within an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Must have a complete understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Candidates must have experience conducting interviews or surveys with the client and end users as a basis for developing GIS functional requirements, and then be able to translate those requirements into use cases and other technical specifications.
- Generate and maintain detailed GIS documentation, user guides/how-to’s, maps, and database tables/diagrams for tracking technical requirements/specifications and provide working examples using mapping/modeling applications such as dbdiagram.io, Microsoft Visio and Word, or other related applications for use internally and by clients and end users.
- Working knowledge of the Public Land Survey System, projection, and coordinate systems, web map, feature, and REST services required.
- Significant experience working with the Esri ArcGIS Platform (Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Enterprise) required.
- Proficient with ArcGIS Desktop software (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcPro).
- Familiarity with ArcGIS Online and Portal to publish project data within custom web maps and applications for data consumption by the client/end user required.
- Basic understanding of GPS theory and application preferred.
- Prior experience in services-based consulting environments in working with state, federal, and commercial clientele highly preferred.
- Professional and efficient verbal and written communication by email, phone and virtual meetings required.
- The Analyst must be highly organized with special attention to detail.
- Experience authoring business and use cases preferred.
- Prior experience in project management a plus, but emphasis is on business analysis/requirements, processes, and workflows.
Environment (Working conditions):
This position will require moving of up to 10 lbs. This position will be mostly stationary requiring some movement around the office and frequent communication with others. The average working hours are 8 hours per day for this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: