We are a fast-moving tech startup company based in Silicon Valley developing and maintaining high-frequency trading software for cryptocurrencies and blockchain.
We are looking for tech savvy individuals to assist us in answering questions about our software and manually testing them.
Company website: https://hummingbot.io/
Mainly you'll be supporting two applications:
2. Liquidity Mining Platform
We are a small team and each individual's time is focused on different areas for the company's growth so it is important that we hire someone who is dependable and a team player.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diligent and hardworking, willing to keep learning new things every day
- Can work with very minimal supervision, someone we don't always need to keep a close eye on with work performance
- We don't do training from zero knowledge, we need an individual who can learn on their own using all available resources like existing documentation, external websites, conversation history, and hands-on testing
- Someone who can contribute or give suggestions how to improve our software in terms of UI/UX and improve existing company process guidelines
- Replicate user issues and perform testing. We resolve by either educating them or finding the root cause of the problem then create a GitHub issue for tracking bugs
- Update our documentation for any outdated information or add new ones based on frequently asked questions from our users
- Learn and understand how our software / applications work especially by performing tests
We put candidates in a tryout period for a maximum duration of 1 month. You are expected to learn our software and provide basic support / troubleshooting to the users and community starting on your first day. Use all available resources and documentation available.
The goal is to evaluate the following skills during this period:
1. Working independently, resourcefulness and critical thinking
2. Problem solving and high attention to detail
3. Willingness to learn new skills and knowledge
4. Give feedback or suggestions how to improve certain existing processes
5. Stepping up the role to do more within the company
- Starting rate during the tryout period is $5/hr
- Rate is negotiable and can change based on performance during the tryout period
- Potential for full-time employment and growth within the company
1. Using the command line / terminal
2. Basic Unix navigation commands
3. Contributing to GitHub / Git commands
1. Cryptocurrency market trading
2. Basic Python programming language
- Up to 40 hours a week
- May include weekends and holidays
- Work hours may be rotated and shuffled with other support members
TERMS & DISCLAIMER
The position is not permanent and the potential for full-time within the company is based on performance. As an independent contractor / freelancer, you understand that you should be able to work independently with very minimal supervision. Learn new things on your own, take new initiatives, ownership of tasks, being proactive and "filling in the gaps" are some of the qualities we're looking for.
In case of poor performance, fraud and doing anything against our company policy, we can give feedback and terminate the contract without advanced notice. We will also re-evaluate your performance after a certain period of time to decide whether you can continue with the contract or not.
By submitting your application, you understand and agree to these terms.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $5.00 - $10.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- Windows: 1 year (Preferred)
- Command line: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: