Job Description: Instructional Program Manager
Reporting to: Head of Programs
About the Role
The mission of the Instructional Program Manager is to ensure that CodePath’s vision of educational excellence is implemented faithfully across a wide range of program sites by providing instructional training, coaching, and mentorship to our student leader community and to our industry mentors. As our first Instructional Program Manger, you will also help standardize, refine, and document the structures that will enable us to deliver the highest quality in technical instruction at scale.
The Instructional Program Manager’s role is to manage program strategy and execution across a diverse portfolio of program sites, with the goal of establishing successful, scalable instructional support for our program facilitators and industry mentors. The Program Manager is responsible for recruiting, selecting and training instructional volunteer TAs and professional instructors, providing instructional coaching and support throughout program execution, documenting program management best-practices, and analyzing program data to improve our overall practices each semester.
To be successful in this role, you will be a well-rounded educator and project manager - a mission-aligned, analytical problem solver who builds great relationships and understands the daily realities of operating best-in-class academic programs for underserved student populations. You are a dynamic, inspiring leader with a vision for creating inclusive educational spaces and a passion for empowering students, particularly those who identify as underrepresented minorities in tech. You are also scrappy, collaborative, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in leading educational programs and initiatives.
CodePath.org is an early-stage nonprofit dedicated to offering an accelerated pathway into the technology industry for college students all across the US, with an emphasis on serving underserved, low-income, and first-generation students. We offer a variety of courses and services to students both directly on-campuses at colleges and remotely using video classrooms with instructors and TAs. All of these courses and services are offered to students entirely for free, funded directly by the technology industry in order to invest in the next generation of talented software engineers.
Our vision is that every student in college, regardless of background or personal circumstances, should have the opportunity, skills, network, and pathways available to become a confident and successful software engineer in the tech industry. CodePath.org develops and delivers a wide variety of programs and supports students over multiple years, reaching students in college starting before Freshman year and then all the way through to post-graduation and entering full-time software roles.
CodePath.org provides curriculum and programs for college students all across the United States, often offered for-credit at campuses, including at many HBCUs, HSIs, women’s colleges, and state colleges. CodePath.org is supported directly by the technology industry including Microsoft, Facebook, Walmart.org, and many more.
For more information, check out our website at CodePath.org.
- Lead the selection and training of our volunteer student facilitators on campuses across the country.
- Lead the selection and training of our summer industry mentors, who support students through our technical interview preparation courses.
- Handle initial questions/concerns/escalations from instructors and industry mentors, and ensure smooth execution of our technical interview preparation courses.
- Conduct classroom observations to provide meaningful instructional feedback to student facilitators. Mentor regional program managers to implement and execute similar observation protocols to provide instructional coaching on a larger scale.
- Drive, track and report program health in order to identify sites in need of more intensive support and intervention.
- Drive operational excellence through appropriate resource allocation, detailed program planning, and effective project management to ensure that goals are met efficiently and effectively, obstacles are removed, and executional risk is minimized
- Proactively identify opportunities and gaps, and use judgment and discretion to build a coherent strategy and solution for addressing these issues with measurable KPIs
- Create and maintain program documentation (aka the Programs playbook), including roadmap, gantt charts, and relevant frameworks
- 2+ years of classroom experience with a demonstrated track record of educational excellence, ideally in a CS/STEM field and ideally at a high school or college level.
- 2+ years of experience in school leadership, program management, or similar field, with at least 1+ years of experience in a role involving instructional coaching/teacher training
- Demonstrated track record of solving educational problems using data and insights
- Computer science (or related field) degree, or comparable experience working in/learning software development
- Experience working through ambiguity to develop a strategy, set goals, and execute
- Experience working through shifting priorities and learning, while maintaining organization and control
- Experience working as a developer, or with CodePath’s technologies (iOS/Android development, cybersecurity) a plus.
- Knowledge in workforce development, university recruiting or apprenticeship programs a plus
- Tech nonprofit, startup experience a plus
CodePath Core Values
- We keep our promises to students
- We exist to empower others
- We encourage and celebrate diversity
- We believe in continuous growth and excellence
- We love to experiment and try new things
We are committed to professional growth and fulfillment at work. Benefits include:
- Medical insurance with dental and vision.
- Generous time off with a flexible workplace and work schedule.
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization.
- Frequent opportunities to connect with students, universities, and communities we serve.
- Opportunities to engage, collaborate and partner with top technology companies, venture capitalists, and engineering leaders in Silicon Valley.
- Offices in the San Francisco SOMA area, near Caltrain.
About the Current Team
We are individuals from a multitude of backgrounds, experiences, and unlikely stories, all connected by a single dream: a world in which regardless of background, socioeconomic status, gender or race all people have pathways to reach their full potential.
With a staff and board that cares deeply about diversity and equity, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a richer work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: