OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYTwentieth Television We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
We are seeking a very creative minded Post Production Intern to help manage both internal and third-party co-productions from a post perspective. This role reports to the Production Coordinator and is responsible for assisting in supervision of all aspects of post-production across documentaries, series, films, branded content, as well as our short form projects. She/He will support/suggest best practices for post management from the moment content is collected through delivery.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, highly creative, collaborative, quick-thinking, flexible, willing to take initiative, and able to pivot between projects. At 20th Digital, positive attitudes and a good sense of humor work best within our down-to-earth work environment. Ideally, she/he will have experience as an Editor or Assistant Editor as this role requires setting up projects for trailers/sizzles, creating exports, replacing/updating graphics, QC, etc. They could also oversee syncing audio, pulling selects, and troubleshooting, as well as polishing sizzles/trailers to completion, applying director/producer notes, etc. (it's not necessary to be an editor, but must be able to handle AE duties when needed). Candidates should generally know their way around Adobe Creative Cloud as the role will also require some digital graphic design.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support Production Coordinator in following Post schedules and deadlines.
• Set up and manage dailies for review in frame.io
• Update and manage internal database/trackers
• Manage Publicity and Marketing requests and assets for studio
• Managing server space, file management, and backups to LTO and backup hard drives.
• Maintain a preferred vendor list for dailies, motion graphics, and finishing
• Research and maintain internal list of preferred post staff
• Attend key creative approval sessions such as final dub playbacks, VFX or color reviews
• Attend internal studio screenings, previews, premieres, etc. as required
• Design visual graphics for presentations
• Assist in cutting/delivering trailers, stringouts, and sizzles
• Working towards BA/BS Degree
• Enthusiasm for R-rated horror and sports documentary
• Familiar with Canva
• Positive attitude, sense of humor, ability to manage relationships with different departments
• Willingness to troubleshoot technical problems
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K and HDR
• Demonstrates an unwavering attention to detail day after day
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and follow up using good judgment and initiative.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides
• Literate in Adobe Creative Cloud, understanding of Photoshop/Indesign
• Working knowledge of UHD/4K cameras, UHD/4K workflows, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, After Effects, LTO, DCP
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- This is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application.
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June - August/September.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: