Cboe is one of the largest exchanges in the world and the mission of our technology team is to disrupt the status quo with a relentless focus on product innovation that transforms new ideas into tradable realities. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer who likes to solve tough problems and has a desire to explore and leverage new technologies. Collaborating with other talented developers, you will be working on a new technology stack to engineer a “green” real-time market data system that will service global markets. If you are a free thinker who has a passion for honing their craft and pushing beyond standard conventions, come join the team that is leading the charge in defining the markets of tomorrow. Cboe is headquartered in Chicago, IL with offices and employees around the globe.
We care deeply about system reliability, testability, recoverability, fault tolerance, throughput, and latency. We measure times in microseconds, sometimes even nanoseconds. Our engineers have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering. We are analytical thinkers. If it’s broken, we fix it. If it needs refactoring, we refactor it. If it’s hard to test, we make it testable.
Job Description / Responsibilities
We are seeking a talented, career-minded manager to join our index development team. The ideal candidate will be able to help the business reach new heights by designing, creating, and enhancing our platform to scale globally and enhance time to market delivery of index products. This person will have hands-on leadership of a development team of 3-5 engineers. The role will lead to the creation of the next generation of indices and application growth.
Our management position does not limit individuals to just ‘people leader’ tasks. Those in leadership can continue to build their technology skills to build a winning culture alongside their team members.
Daily Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and manage new index development team of 3-5 engineers utilizing the existing and new technologies to support our index business
- Hire, lead and mentor a team of software development engineers
- Grow people leaders within your group
- Architect and build out new services that cohesively support the platform group and global market
- Interface with key business partners to develop elegant solutions that meet current and future needs of the organization
- Foster a culture of continuous engineering and improvement using opportunities to mentor, give feedback and provide metrics to your team.
- Partner with our QA and Full Stack development team to deliver solutions that meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience Java or equivalent demonstrable software engineering experience
- Experience leading a development team in either a Team Lead or Manager role
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools
- Ability to debug and understand code quickly to help others during development or production investigations
- Team player with strong communication, collaboration, active listening, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a dynamic environment, quickly pick up new skills and adapt to changing business needs.
- Experience in full project lifecycle development and the use of JIRA and other collaboration tools.
- Competent with version control tools
- Experience with Kafka desirable.
- Self-directed, self-motivated.
- Meeting free Friday afternoons, so you can catch up and refresh on work
- Hybrid / Remote Opportunity with flexible working arrangements
- Compensation Package that includes salary + bonus
- Competitive Benefits
The Cboe Experience
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a senior-level professional, working at Cboe will offer you countless opportunities to develop skills, make an impact through meaningful contributions, and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build enduring relationships through frequent collaboration that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. And, along your exceptional career journey at Cboe you’ll receive amazing benefits and robust rewards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our associates' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status.
Cboe Global Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please click the following links:
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in English)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (in Spanish)
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law (Supplement)
E-Verify Participation Poster (English & Spanish)
Right to Work Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is currently seeking an impactful Java Developer to work with a leading science firm that provides high-end analytic consulting services in both the public and private sectors. The Java Developer will create and maintains web applications.
Experience with Java full stackExperience with J2EE and core Java technologies is a must.Develop micro services batch jobs and UIExperience with Spring Spring boot.Experience with Spring Batch.Experience in client server integration.Must have comprehensive.
Plano, TX / Wilmington DE / Chicago, IL / Jersey City / Columbus, OHHybrid shift is available (day 1 onsite )Interviews within 3 daysRole : Java Microservices DeveloperJob Description : Experience with Java full stackExperience with J2EE and core Java.
Job Title: BPM (Camunda) DeveloperJob Location: Dallas,TX/RemoteJob Duration: Long TermJob Description: Domain Expertise in BPMN, Software Design and DevelopmentExperience liaising with business and technical teams to define and implement end to end.
PositionJava Full stack Developer ( W2 opportunity)VISAGC, USC, H4 acceptedLocation100% RemoteExperience5-10+ yearsRole TypeContract to HireClient/ DomainCapital OneMust have skillsJava or C#, react or angularAbout the Role: Key Responsibilities:- You.