Job Purpose Summary
Over the last twenty years, our client has revolutionized the fixed-income market by creating a single platform using proprietary technology that connects the world’s most influential financial institutions. Today, more than 1,800 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms rely on us to bring them accurate market data to assist with their trading decisions, connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing and technology services to optimize trading environments.
As Application Developer, you will work closely with your team to design and implement new features and products. You will learn advanced trading markets, enabling you to fully understand the “big picture” of not only what you are developing, but why and how it benefits our customers. you will be responsible for a spectrum of assignments from working on new products, system and product enhancements, and systems architecture to bug fixes.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
This person will be a delivery focused professional who can work without supervision to a consistently high standard. The role requires the individual to be an expert within their field and who strives to maintain and expand upon their expertise.
Their technical expertise and experience will enable them to play a major role in the design and implementation of enterprise applications. They will also be recognised as the expert of functional and technical areas as per the skills matrix. This will subsequently require the offering of support and guidance to lesser experienced members of the team.
This person will be a dynamic individual who relishes a challenge and seeks to continually improve their understanding of both their professional skills and the industry in which they operate.
This position requires a person to have an absolute commitment to successful software delivery with a ‘can do / will do’ mentality to ensure success. Nevertheless, this person will require excellent interpersonal skills as they will need to gain support from people from all areas and levels of both Trax and on occasion external third parties.
- 10+ year’s delivery experience on a commercial application development project including integration with 3rd party applications using Java development stack
- 5+ year’s delivery experience of message oriented (or event driven) distributed systems.
- Experience including analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale custom built object-oriented applications.
- Greenfield development experience in the recent assignment/s
- Strong OO design knowledge, including extensive design patterns knowledge
- Have working knowledge of TDD and Junit
- 3+ year’s commercial experience with AWS and related services.
- 3+ year’s commercial experience with micro services running in container platform like ECS.
- Delivery experience with messaging middleware / distributed computing, ideally Sonic, Kafka
- Demonstrable experience leading small groups of similar level and less experienced developers.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming - XP and Scrum or RUP.
- Implementation experience of continuous integration, ideally using Jenkins, Aws Code Pipeline.
- Implementation experience of using Linux.
- Working within (and knowledge of) the financial industry is a bonus.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Java 8+
- REST and Micro Services
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Is intelligent, confident and able to portrait ideas in an articulate, persuasive and convincing way.
- Thrives on the challenges that change brings.
- Promotes a can do attitude and leads by example.
- Is able to think creatively and analytically.
- Critical problem solving and advanced troubleshooting to drive resolution to technical issues.
- Passion for staying current on technology trends in order to pivot direction and drive results.
- Thrives on innovation.
- Is very delivery focused; quick to market deliverables are key to the success of the team/company.
- Comfortable being in a satellite office and helping incubate a new initiative
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is currently seeking an impactful Java Developer to work with a leading science firm that provides high-end analytic consulting services in both the public and private sectors. The Java Developer will create and maintains web applications.
Job Title: BPM (Camunda) DeveloperJob Location: Dallas,TX/RemoteJob Duration: Long TermJob Description: Domain Expertise in BPMN, Software Design and DevelopmentExperience liaising with business and technical teams to define and implement end to end.
PositionJava Full stack Developer ( W2 opportunity)VISAGC, USC, H4 acceptedLocation100% RemoteExperience5-10+ yearsRole TypeContract to HireClient/ DomainCapital OneMust have skillsJava or C#, react or angularAbout the Role: Key Responsibilities:- You.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:Our customer is a high-growth FinTech and e-Commerce enablement platform that leverages a proprietary technology infrastructure to service some of the largest and most innovative brands in the USA. They power multiple business and consumer.
The Software Engineer will work in a small team environment to provide the development and improvement to a GPU accelerated signals processing framework.This position is a remote position with 10% travel requirements.TS/SCI clearance will be required.
More jobs by this company
London, New York or Remote (Financial Services Experience a +) - Top TalentThis person is an expert in React Front End Development. They will be accustomed to a fast-paced work environment with a focus on collaboration. The role requires the individual.