- Set up developer environment to run SubVersion (Tortoise), Eclipse, and SQL Developer (or equivalent to connect to Oracle database). Must also have experience with performing software builds using tools such as Jenkins.
- Participate in an agile team to deliver the full lifecycle, including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Update stored procedures and triggers in Oracle XML database.
- Incorporate standards and best practices, including performance, security, scalability, and maintainability.
- Review and provide feedback on functional and technical requirements.
- Define and propose solutions for meeting requirements.
- Contribute to improvements in the software development process utilizing practices such as test-driven development (TDD), static code analysis, code reviews, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and automated security scanning.
- Working closely with solutions architect to ensure system design follows the industry best practices and standards.
- Recommending coding solutions for other developers to implement.
- Invest in the software development efficiency of the entire team through teamwork, personal responsibility, and process improvement.
- Provide Operational support expertise. Assist with debugging software in production including analyzing server logs and performing systematic assessments for identifying root causes of faults or problems.
- Understand production environments including security hardening, performance tuning, and access control.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills coupled with strong listening skills.
- Ability to contribute on an individual basis as well as demonstrate your strengths as a team player as a member of an agile team.
- Ability to diagram system using Visio or equivalent – to capture system architecture and the like as needed.
- Ability to write technical documentation where audience is a technical person that has no knowledge of the system.
- Ability to review existing Java code to be able to write a few sentences about each Java class.
- Assist with mapping Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) controls to Application.
- Assist with creating and maintaining system design documents including a software build standard operating procedure (SOP).
- MUST HAVE ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Bachelor’s Degree and three years specific experience, or nine years of general experience with six years of specific experience:
- 3+ years of experience with Agile development, DevOps, continuous integration, and continuous testing
- 5+ years of experience coding in Java
- 4+ years of experience with XSD, XSLT, XML
- 2+ years of experience with Oracle XML
- 3+ years of experience writing Stored Procedures and SQL
- Knowledge of SubVersion, GIT, or Team Foundation Server (TFS) version control system
- 3+ years of experience writing technical documentation
- Knowledge of Google Web Toolkit
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of radio transmitters and receivers, radar, antennas, and satellites (radio spectrum)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is currently seeking an impactful Java Developer to work with a leading science firm that provides high-end analytic consulting services in both the public and private sectors. The Java Developer will create and maintains web applications.
Job Title: BPM (Camunda) DeveloperJob Location: Dallas,TX/RemoteJob Duration: Long TermJob Description: Domain Expertise in BPMN, Software Design and DevelopmentExperience liaising with business and technical teams to define and implement end to end.
PositionJava Full stack Developer ( W2 opportunity)VISAGC, USC, H4 acceptedLocation100% RemoteExperience5-10+ yearsRole TypeContract to HireClient/ DomainCapital OneMust have skillsJava or C#, react or angularAbout the Role: Key Responsibilities:- You.
ABOUT THE CLIENT:Our customer is a high-growth FinTech and e-Commerce enablement platform that leverages a proprietary technology infrastructure to service some of the largest and most innovative brands in the USA. They power multiple business and consumer.
The Software Engineer will work in a small team environment to provide the development and improvement to a GPU accelerated signals processing framework.This position is a remote position with 10% travel requirements.TS/SCI clearance will be required.