Lead Software Engineer
Who We Are:
SureCost helps pharmacists on the ground make smarter buying and inventory management decisions every day. As the leading pharmaceutical supply-chain management platform, we provide our users with a seamless experience across the entire purchasing continuum.
At SureCost, we think work/life balance should have, well, balance. That's why having the freedom of remote work, flex hours, and unlimited PTO is core to how we operate. Work where you want, when you want! Never go back to an office again!!
As a small development team, you’ll be working directly with our Head of Engineering to implement new features from ideation to implementation. You'll take full ownership of a SureCost domain and lead a team of engineers to deliver industry-leading solutions for our customers. As we grow, we strive to help our employees grow with us - so we hope to hire passionate lifelong learners looking to develop and progress alongside us. We balance self-motivated independent work with an engaging and collaborative team culture. If you think SureCost is the right fit for you, see the specifics of the job below.
What You’ll Do Here:
While maintenance and enhancement of current applications is part of what you will do here, responsibilities also include:
- Owning the feature delivery from ideation to implementation with the support of our Head of Engineering as well as our Product Owners
- Leading a team of innovative and motivated engineers evaluating and integrating new technologies
- Maintaining a tight feedback loop with our product stakeholders to ensure all features meet our end-users needs
- Coordinating with other domain owners to communicate code interdependencies
- Maintaining a comprehensive understanding of your team's domain
- Fostering an environment that encourages education, code quality, and team mentorship
- Performing analysis, design, development, and unit testing of complex software applications.
- Creating web solutions utilizing best-practice technologies
- Working with fellow engineers and management to develop new tools or enhance current systems for customer requirements, correct defects, and integration with other systems.
- Being an integral part of our agile team process, with daily stand-up discussions, weekly sprint planning, retrospective processes, quarterly planning, and customer discussions.
- Participating in our on-call rotations to ensure system reliability
What Skills You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 8 years software design and development experience.
- BS, MS, or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field is preferred
- Java/JEE, Spring Framework, Struts and Hibernate
- Object-oriented design
- SQL database development
- Experience developing against large Java web-based and OO applications
- Familiar with Java Servlets and Java Server Pages (JSPs)
- Proficiency with Java or an equivalent OOP language
- Experience with microservices-based development
- Familiar with git-based repositories (Gitlab or Bitbucket)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, Kafka)
- Ability to break down and solve complex problems
Huge Plus if You Have:
- Experience with relational (SQLServer, PostgreSQL), non-relational databases, and persistence stores
- Familiarity with JVM-based functional programming languages.
- Familiar with Docker
- Familiar with Nomad or Kubernetes
- Working knowledge of the healthcare and/or pharmacy industry.
- Familiarity with purchasing and inventory management systems.
- Familiarity with B2B data transactions using EDI.
- Familiarity with developing microservices using AWS infrastructure
- Familiarity with event-driven design
- Familiarity with serverless architecture
Perks and Benefits:
We are proud of our other generous benefits including:
- Unlimited PTO (Highly suggested 3-week minimum)
- Flex Hours
- 100% healthcare premiums covered for employees
- 85% healthcare premiums covered for dependents
- Low cost-to-employee vision and dental
- Automatic 3% employer addition to 401k.
- 12 weeks of fully paid Parental Leave
- Professional development reimbursement.
An employer who values health and wellbeing? Who knew!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
At Florida Blue, a GuideWell company, we build innovative, enterprise-scalable end to end data analytics enabled products and services used by our internal users and external partners including Members, Providers, and Agents, with an emphasis on keeping.
Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.Secure our Nation, Ignite your FutureJob Requisition.
This position can be a 100% remoteDo you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is.
The members of this engineering team design, develop, and operate Error Inbox product, which helps our customers prioritize the most important errors every day.Our senior engineers guide the design, construction/development, documentation, maintenance,.
Piper Companies is seeking a Remote Chief Architect – Payment Processing for a worldwide technology organization. The VP - Chief Architect (Payment Switching Platform) can sit 100% remote and will need to work EST or CST work hours. The ideal candidate.
Business Systems Analyst- REMOTE (FinTech)6+ months JOB SUMMARY:Business industry professionals who elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies and information systems. Translate these business needs/end-user.
Sr. Test EngineerInnoVet Health, a growing small business that provides health IT professional services to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is looking for a Sr. Test Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience. This role will work closely.
Job DescriptionThis is a remote position.OverviewRequire Senior Talend Developers to work within a Fast-paced environment with leading-edge technology.You will be responsible for the design, development, configuration, customization, and implementation..
More jobs by this company
SureCostSenior Software Engineer~Fully Remote~Who We Are:SureCost helps pharmacists on the ground make smarter buying and inventory management decisions every day. As the leading pharmaceutical supply-chain management platform, we provide our users with.
SureCostProduct Owner~Fully Remote~Who We Are:SureCost helps pharmacists on the ground make smarter buying and inventory management decisions every day. As the leading pharmaceutical supply-chain management platform, we provide our users with a seamless.