The IT department provides end-to-end solutions for the organization, including application development & integration, system deployment, user experience, change management, quality assurance and testing, business and data analytics, and overall project management to help the organization determine and implement the best solutions for its business needs.
The Senior NOC Automation Administrator is responsible for supporting a highly functional and effective application infrastructure support base. Working with the team to document system requirements and implement defined architectural design. Follow all department policies and procedures to provide a consistent method of system maintenance and assure system performance. Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of assigned application architecture. May assist with small independent projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute day-to-day team activities related to the application infrastructure operations including application, implementation, testing, and repair.
- Manage application monitor notifications to proactively address performance issues.
- Work closely with Engineers to ensure that service/change requests are reviewed, responded to, and resolved in a timely manner.
- Escalate requests or issues to achieve high customer satisfaction, while maintaining involvement though resolution.
- Work on individual and team projects to execute assigned tasks.
- Complete assigned tasks on schedule while following approved change process.
- Actively work to build strong working relationships with key personnel and customers.
- Attend regularly scheduled application design, development, integration, support, and problem resolution meetings.
- Ensure effective and consistent status communications with customer, team, and management.
- Follow policy and procedure regarding Change Management and participate in change reviews.
- Learn business functions and how they translate to backend system usage.
- Continued self-knowledge enrichment in the areas of application and system architectures.
- Assist in documenting personal performance objectives, training, and development plans.
- Escalate and communicate with application engineering team(s).
- Acts as escalation point for junior Admins.
- Track-record of application and systems support on Windows and Linux based platforms.
- Ability to script automation tools such as SolarWinds, Active Batch, etc.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of computer system technologies and how they interact.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to communicate cross-departmentally with technical and non-technical people, engineers, managers, and customers.
- Desire to identify inefficient processes and manage the changes needed to achieve improvements.
- Maintain enthusiasm and a positive atmosphere.
- Ability to work collaboratively with IT teams: development, infrastructure, support, business analysts, and project managers.
- Capacity to work in a dynamic environment, deploying organizational and time management skills.
- Must be a disciplined, self-motivated, and be able to execute assignments independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associates degree or related certification(s) with specialization in Computer Science, Information Technology, software.
- 5+ years of general technical experience to include:
- Three (3) years of Application Support Engineer experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least two (2) years of experience in Windows Server (2012 or higher) architecture and additional experience in any combination of the following architectures is a plus. Redhat (7.x or higher) and/or AIX (6.x or higher).
- At least one (1) years of experience in a scripting language such as; Power Shell, Windows Batch, ksh, bash, csh, Java Script
- At least two (2) years of experience with supporting development efforts on multiple platforms such as; .NET (C#, ASP), 4GL, Java, Perl, PhP, Salesforce
- Knowledge of Web and Application and Servers such as; IIS, Apache, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere
- Knowledge of automation, networking, AD, and Databases.
- High-level understanding of project and change management principles.
- Active Batch provisioning, coding and/or support preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in an office setting is generally sedentary but may involve walking or standing for brief periods as well as the occasional need to climb ladders.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- May be required to occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects up to 25 pounds.
- On-call rotation responsibilities duties, including off-hours and weekend support to cover night and weekend work on an as-needed basis or to meet project deadlines.
- Some travel may be required
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Piper Companies is currently seeking a Senior Java Developer who has experience building high performing, scalable, enterprise grade web applications and services.Responsibilities for the Senior Java Developer:Collaborate with internal and external teams.
Travel Required: NoneRequisition Type: RegularJob Description:General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a Java Developer to join our Army Installation Support Modules (ISM) Project. The ideal candidate will be able to research, design,.
Piper Companies is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer for a direct hire opportunity for an FinTech company based in Raleigh, North Carolina (NC). The Software Engineer will be working with a team that is developing a brand new innovative application.
Overview:Are you an innovative Java Developer who would like to have a positive impact for millions of people? If so, we may have an opportunity for you! This role will provide you an opportunity to learn and contribute across the entire technology stack.
The Java Enterprise Architect is involved with a project from inception to completion, and is often spread across several projects. The Java Enterprise Architect is the first one on the ground during project initiation, and prepares the project for the.