The Java Enterprise Architect is involved with a project from inception to completion, and is often spread across several projects. The Java Enterprise Architect is the first one on the ground during project initiation, and prepares the project for the project team to cover down and begin sprint based story work.
The Java Enterprise Architect's role is in lock step with the Presales on the solution architecture and helps guide the engineering team in implementing the solution architecture correctly. The Java Enterprise Architect has senior software engineering competency, and often covers this role on project teams as the team at large gets underway on project solutioning. The Java Enterprise Architect is highly communicative, ensuring that the customer, project team, and leadership are informed regarding project status and direction.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Personal Software Engineering and Technologist Traits
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; take pride in engineering excellence and instill these values in others
- Demonstrable passion for technology while using problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach with an enthusiasm for learning
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review and pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Accountable for technical debt in software
- Experienced working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with team members and stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for learning and results oriented
- Stay current with many best-of-breed technologies
- Confident communicator; able to communicate a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
- Flexible in thinking; able to evolve a solution when additional information or ideas are presented
- Make tactical vs. strategic trade offs
- Take control of complex or vague problems and steps through them in a rational way
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility
- Lead teams of developers providing architecture, code mentoring, and PR reviews simultaneously across multiple projects
- Able to delegate domain responsibilities across multiple teams and team members to increase development efficiency and velocity
- Contributes to the development of best practices within team
- Lead code reviews and actively participates in providing feedback on others' designs/code
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Identify when junior engineers need help and provide it in a positive way that promotes confidence.
- Proactively helps team members
- Make suggestions to improve practices.
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility
- Can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Ensures project stays within scope and efforts are aimed at the outcome defined in the Statement of Work
Education and/or Skill-Set Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience web application development in a cloud native environment
- 3+ years experience creating software architecture
- Knowledge and skill level in identified competencies meet minimum requirements for role
- Previous direct customer consulting experience or equivalent understanding of role responsibilities
- Experience fully developing automated delivery pipelines, agile delivery and test-driven development
- In-depth knowledge of software design patterns
- Develop hybrid cloud solutions using things like API server, message queues, db's, file storage, containers, and microservices
- Debug large components with limited assistance and assists other engineers with debugging
- Perform as an expert in all parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, deployment)
- Oversee significant pieces of development within the development lifecycle
- Design and develop practical API contracts, APIs, and abstractions.
- Experience writing code in Java for cloud native software applications using unit, integration, and E2E testing at the time of feature development
- Experience developing in Spring, Spring Boot, Maven, Application Servers
- Can speak knowledgeably about SDK, JVM, JPA/Hibernate, & Dependency Injection
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
The Company Azul products are used by hundreds of thousands of Java developers, millions of connected devices globally, and many of the world's most successful businesses, including 27% of the Fortune 100, 50% of Forbes Top 10 World's Most Valuable.
100% Remote!POSITION SUMMARY: Bayview is an investment management firm focused on investments in mortgage and consumer credit. The Consumer Lending Fintech is a newly founded business line for direct to consumer lending efforts. The Consumer Lending.
Millions of Java developers and the world s top businesses trust Azul to power their applications. We are growing fast and need determined, innovative and energetic contributors who want to make an impact today!Azul is a fast-growing, remote-first organization.