Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
Hi, we’re SambaSafety and we offer the industry’s most comprehensive driver monitoring software. Our mission is promoting safer communities by reducing risk through data insights. Companies trust SambaSafety to keep their employees safe on the roads, price and reduce risk, help protect their brand, their bottom line, and our global community.
We’ve built an inclusive, supportive, and exceptional culture where every employee is empowered in their role. Don’t take our word for it; we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace by The Denver Post, Albuquerque Journal, Sacramento Bee, and Built In Colorado. And our employees rate SambaSafety as top-notch, with a rock solid 4.9-star rating on Glassdoor.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to think critically, collaborate with product managers, and guide other engineers while designing, building, and installing software solutions. The successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding and technical design standards.
What You’ll Do
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Mentor developers in all aspects of agile development and continuous improvement
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges
- Assist in building engineering development processes that enhance engineering consistency and efficiency
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes, and metrics
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Remediate problems that have diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
What You’ll Need
- 5 years of Development Experience
- 3 years of experience developing software solutions which address internal/external customer challenges in software-as-a-service (SaaS) models.
- Experience with multiple programming languages and technologies
- Proven work experience in software engineering
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in Java
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (Vue, Angular, React)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Mastery in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Enthusiasm for team-oriented project work.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 Day Work Week; Alternating Fridays off over the summer
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and Paid Volunteer Days
- 401k Employer Match
- Generous Healthcare Benefits including a fully employer paid family medical plan
- Up to 12 weeks paid time off for maternity leave
- Wellness &Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Lots of SambaSafety swag
- SambaSafety Events
Our team of talented and committed safety professionals is exceptional. At SambaSafety we strive to foster an inclusive culture that supports, encourages and celebrates a wide array of diversity. We are committed to create a space where all employees can show up as their authentic selves every day, and we work to advance employee equality, diversity and inclusion.
SambaSafety provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression or genetics.
Come join us to find out for yourself what all the excitement is about!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
The Company Azul products are used by hundreds of thousands of Java developers, millions of connected devices globally, and many of the world's most successful businesses, including 27% of the Fortune 100, 50% of Forbes Top 10 World's Most Valuable.
100% Remote!POSITION SUMMARY: Bayview is an investment management firm focused on investments in mortgage and consumer credit. The Consumer Lending Fintech is a newly founded business line for direct to consumer lending efforts. The Consumer Lending.
Millions of Java developers and the world s top businesses trust Azul to power their applications. We are growing fast and need determined, innovative and energetic contributors who want to make an impact today!Azul is a fast-growing, remote-first organization.