YOUR LIFE'S MISSION: POSSIBLE
You have goals, dreams, hobbies and things you’re passionate about.
What’s Important to You Is Important to Us
We’re looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen.
Don’t take our word for it.
- Military Times 2021 Best for Vets Employers
- WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
- Forbes® 2021 The Best Employers for New Grads
- Forbes® America's Best Employers
- Newsweek Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces
- 2021 People Companies that Care
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
- Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
- Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
This role is responsible for research, evaluation, design, implementation, and maintaining of APIs to drive API adoption across the enterprise. The role requires hands-on development and operational support for the API platform. The candidate will have a technical consultative role to collaborate and support multiple product teams by identifying API integration needs and promote an API first approach while implementing business applications/solutions. The candidate will participate in scrum/agile release train/PI planning meetings and must be able to adapt to change. They will focus on value-based delivery with minimal day-to-day direction.
- Serves as subject matter expert for API integrations
- Develops/updates microservices and APIs
- Collaborates with development teams, business units, and other ISD areas to identify, define, develop/ modify, and implement enterprise reusable Services and APIs
- Works and contributes on the product backlog development by working closely with Business Analyst/Requirements Analyst, Scrum Masters, and API team members
- Works in an agile, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with short release cycles and actively collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Oversees peer code reviews and provide active guidance and direction on development
- Works with team to develop and maintain policies, procedures, standards, documentation and governance process for APIs
- Design integration solutions around cloud native applications which can work across public, private and hybrid clouds
- Develop integrations with modern API Management frameworks that can be deployed in both B2B and B2C scenarios
- Continually monitor the financial services technology landscape to track the latest innovations across the industry and communicate relevant information to ISD leadership
- Develop and apply architectural governance based on business and information technology strategies
- Serve as a subject matter expert on API integrations for enterprise initiatives and projects
- Hands-on development of APIs, microservices, and platform proxies as deliverables for enterprise initiatives and projects
- Participate in on-call rotation for emergency technical support and planned maintenance activities
- Participate in deployment rotation to oversee implementation and coordinate with supporting partnering teams
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
- Extensive experience that demonstrates expert knowledge of Java, JEE, Web Services and APIs
- Extensive experience with SOAP Services and RESTful APIs utilizing a lightweight data-interchange format such as JSON
- Expert knowledge and hands on experience with Mulesoft Anypoint Platform, Spring Boot Micro Services, Istio/Service Mesh, Spring Framework and Open API Specification/RAML
- Expert knowledge and hands on experience with Azure/AWS/GCP cloud platform architecture, Pivotal/Tanzu platform/Tanzu Kubernetes Grid or equivalent k8s managed runtime.
- Expert skill in implementing API security using OAuth, SAML, JWT and OpenID Connect etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile frameworks (e.g., SAFE)
- Expert problem solving, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills
- Expert skill in effectively communicating technical and non-technical issues and information clearly and concisely to all levels of management and staff
- Experience in translating complex business requirements into functional architecture solutions
- Experience in working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders and vendors
- Expert verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Advanced skill troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Demonstrated skill in identifying industry trends and define their potential use in Navy Federal applications
- Integration experience with enterprise platforms Salesforce, Oracle HCM/PeopleSoft and CRM/Dynamics
- Certifications in Azure development/architecture, MuleSoft Anypoint, Java, Spring frameworks or similar
- Working knowledge of Ping Federate and Ping Authorize (Ping Data Governance)
- Experience with using Azure DevOps
- Advanced knowledge of banking/financial industry standards, Open Banking, and practices
- Advanced knowledge of Navy Federal’s functions, philosophy, operations and organizational objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Expert knowledge and hands on experience with Mulesoft Platform
- Expert skill in implementing APIs
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | Remote
- Navy Federal is now hybrid! Our standard enterprise requirement for a hybrid schedule is to report onsite 4-16 days each month. The number of days reporting onsite will ultimately be determined by the employee's leadership and business unit needs. You will learn more throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
Salary: Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position.
Salary range: $95,600 to $163,500 Annual
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
All employees are expected to follow our COVID-19 safety protocols.
Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position.
Bank Secrecy Act
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
The Company Azul products are used by hundreds of thousands of Java developers, millions of connected devices globally, and many of the world's most successful businesses, including 27% of the Fortune 100, 50% of Forbes Top 10 World's Most Valuable.
100% Remote!POSITION SUMMARY: Bayview is an investment management firm focused on investments in mortgage and consumer credit. The Consumer Lending Fintech is a newly founded business line for direct to consumer lending efforts. The Consumer Lending.
Millions of Java developers and the world s top businesses trust Azul to power their applications. We are growing fast and need determined, innovative and energetic contributors who want to make an impact today!Azul is a fast-growing, remote-first organization.