Senior Software Engineer
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Developer to help create new applications and services and/or modernize existing applications and services while formalizing development practices, operations, and platform strategies.
This role is a Full-Stack Development role, specializing in new technologies and languages such as Java 8, Spring-Boot, Angular etc. You will be a hands-on developer as well as a technical resource for the development of clean, functional and maintainable code. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables, the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions.
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements.
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders.
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software.
- Manage the complete software development life cycle.
- Writing functional and unit tests to maintain code quality.
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver a high-performance application that contains little or no defects.
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform.
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions.
- Experience with AWS or similar public/private cloud providers.
- Competent working with service-based application architectures and familiar with various API protocols.
- Experience working in story and task-tracking tools for agile workflows.
- Competent working in secured internal network environments.
- Motivated and Self-Starting: able to think critically about problems, decipher user preferences versus hard requirements, and effectively use online and onsite resources to find an appropriate solution with little intervention.
- Passionate about writing clean, maintainable code that will be used and modified by others, and able to use and modify other developers’ work rather than recreate it.
- Collaborative team player accustomed to working within and across groups.
Nice to have Skills but not Required
- B.S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools and systems.
- Able to communicate effectively in a diverse team of varying skill sets and proficiencies.
- Effective in-person, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to relate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to translate business process needs into clear technical requirements.
- Ability to influence internal and external team members without direct reporting authority.
About Railroad19, inc.
- At Railroad19, Inc. we are a specialized team of developers and architects who bring depth, value, and commitment to every one of our clients. Hard work and a desire to lead the industry with the newest technologies, mainly working on customized greenfield software and cloud solutions as well as software consulting services. You are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
- This is a full-time role with vacation, benefits, & 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
- (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or C2C or C2H or 1099) (NO AGENCIES)
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting