Would you like to join a rapidly growing and successful company?
Do you want to be a part of a team where customers say things like:
“You are, by far, the best vendor serving the education market.”
Headquartered in Kalamazoo, MI, Level Data is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company focused on delivering simple solutions for the K-12 education market.
We are looking for 3 to 5 Computer Science (or related degree) students to work on a part-time basis as entry-level Software Developers/Engineers. Position involves working closely with our Engineering, Help Desk, and Software Product teams to support award-winning service solutions that improve educational systems and processes.
The position will typically involve working 10-20 hours per week during the school year and 40+ hours during the summer months (this calendar year).
Assignments will vary based on the skillset of the intern.
- Development experience, however, work experience is not required.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and effective self management We work directly with our clients on a regular basis and manage our own projects.
- Familiarity with one or more relational databases (examples: MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle…)
- Good problem solving skills. We are looking for logical minds that can understand cause and effect and how to break down difficult problems. This is critical.
- Understanding of basic control structures and elements of programs like loops, variables, functions, and potentially objects and classes.
- Eagerness to learn
- Ability to demonstrate you are humble, hungry, and smart. This means being able to take criticism well; be assertive enough to ask for help; contribute in a team environment; be willing to admit being wrong and learn from any mistakes; stick to an issue or problem and never give up on a customer. This also means not being a jerk.
Nice to have
- Basic software engineering experience (source control, change control, unit testing, monitoring…)
- Active Directory experience
- Basic to solid windows administration experience
- Web application framework experience (examples: rails, MVC, spring …)
- PowerShell experience
Very nice to have
- ETL tool experience (examples: Talend, MS SSIS, Pentaho …)
- PowerSchool experience
- Groovy/Grails, Java experience
- K-12 Technical experience
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Company lunches, outdoor break area and indoor lounge with pool table and video games. Warehouse club membership (Sam's or Costco).
Compensation: $17-$20 / hour
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: