You will be part of a team that is dedicated full-time to developing, releasing and maintaining software & tooling on the Guidewire Cloud Platform to address enterprise application availability, performance and observability across a complex application suite of products in production, serving hundreds of customers and supporting millions of transactions each day.
This role requires a high degree of independence, ownership and responsibility. If you like to be challenged and have a passion for solving problems at scale through development of automation and tooling to target observability issues then we would love to hear from you. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep object-oriented technical knowledge and a demonstrated ability to rapidly self-educate on new concepts and tools, ideally with production SaaS application experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement systems for monitoring of events and application performance metrics across a growing set of customers going into production on Guidewire’s Cloud Platform.
- Develop full stack tooling and processes for monitoring, alerting and logging highly performant applications and interfaces and deploy/integrate existing systems to ensure uptime and application performance
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics for purposes of detecting and surfacing customer-specific performance bottlenecks
- Configure and maintain monitoring and alerting systems to support individual customer production and non-production environments
- Work closely with Product Development, Global Customer Support and other internal Cloud Operations teams to specify and detail solutions and practices.
Required Skills and Experience
- Core Java
- Object-Oriented Design
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc
- Agile development practices
- Experience supporting web applications running on Java / Apache / Tomcat in a live production environment
- Ability to develop and extend highly performant Java tooling/monitoring code and identify/address any performance issues in existing custom Java tooling.
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Java development, web UI (design and development), JSON, developing or exposing REST services, application architecture.
- Ability to read and interpret critical application logging outputs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills; ability to think critically and display an aptitude for problem solving on issues that may cross from application to infrastructure related.
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A highly positive can-do attitude with a knack for being a great teammate
- Excellent communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience yet humility and hunger to learn from others
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to take turns with your teammates being on-call for after-hours production emergencies
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and team meetings
Nice to have
- Experience in Application Performance Monitoring with background using and supporting analytical tools such as AppDynamics or Datadog
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
2 d ago
More jobs by this company
12 d ago