BDR Solutions, LLC, (BDR) supports the U.S. Federal Government in successfully achieving their mission and goals. Our service and solution delivery starts with understanding each client's end-state, and then seamlessly integrating within each Agency's organization to improve and enhance business and technical operations and deployments.
BDR is seeking a Java Developer with an active/current Secret clearance to support the Washington Headquarters Services (WHS), however the duties of this role can be performed remotely with ad hoc meetings in Tysons Corner, VA when it is safe to return working in the office environment.
Java Developer (Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain high-quality software products supporting Department of Defense (DoD) standards and infrastructure, using Microsoft SQL and integrated system components.
- Support and comply with documented software process and procedure requirements spanning all phases of software product lifecycle.
- Translate detailed designs into executable software.
- Produce software documentation and update existing documentation to include detailed software design documents and unit/composite test cases based upon stakeholder requirements and use cases.
- Collaborate with and mentor other team members and participate in code reviews.
- Manage tasks, time and priorities in accordance with aggressive development deadlines, client expectations, and quality/delivery models including Agile Scrum, SDLC, and CMMI Development Level 3 best practices.
- Collaborate with the team to proactively assess and validate solution efficiency and integrity against defined performance criteria.
- Perform unit and integration testing on work items in line with Scrum cycles.
- Work with Program Management and other team members to proactively assess and validate solution efficiency and integrity against defined performance criteria.
Required Education and/or Work Experience:
- Active/Current Secret Clearance is required.
- A deep understanding and working knowledge of:
- Java 2 Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE),
- Java Server Pages (JSP), Java Servlets,
- Java classes, web application architecture (WAR),
- Web Service Definition Language (WSDL),
- Extensible Markup Language (XML),
- tag libraries,
- static web pages (HTML and related files) and other resources that together constitute a web application
- Distributed version control system, preferably Git
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- High attention to detail
Desired Education and/or Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific /technical discipline
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Prior experience working on DoD projects is highly preferred
- Experience using rules based engines like Drools is a plus
- History working in a consulting environment and understanding of client relations
- Ability to work under pressure, coordinate multiple assignments at once, and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal direction from supervisors or clients
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Expert-level command of the English language
In addition, U.S Citizenship and an Active/Current Secret Clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
BDR Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: