JBS is looking for a strong Java developer/architect who is also highly experienced with the Spring Boot framework. The candidate will be working as part of a core engineering team who has built out an existing web application, and needs a leader who can take them to the next level – replatforming many parts of the application with a focus on performance, scalability, fault-tolerance, security and other architectural pillars. In addition to strong technical skills the role requires strong leadership and mentoring skills, as they will be responsible for identifying and helping to fill gaps in the team’s skillset and grooming less experienced developers. Strong communication skills are required as well as this role will be working and engaging with the business leadership and other non-technical roles. The team also follows an agile/scrum based process of iterative development, and the candidate should be comfortable and experienced with the agile process, and will be expected to help find possible improvements as well.
- At least 5+ years of Java experience and experience with the Spring Boot Framework
- 5+ years of working in an architect role and has a strong understanding of web application architect and design principles, and can build systems with an eye on
- Fault tolerance/robustness
- Minimum of 3+ years of working with PostgreSQL databases and strong SQL experience
- Understands CI/CD processes and pipelines and can help contribute to building them out.
- Experience working in an Agile environment within a Sprint structure and iterative deployments
- Ability to mentor junior developers
Nice To Have Skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with the Play Java Web Framework
- Microservice experience
- Heroku experience
- DevOps experience (aside from CI/CD)
- Competitive base salary
- Paid overtime
- Generous PTO policy, company holidays
- 401k with company match
- Health, Dental, Life, LTD
- Fully remote work (always will be)
As an equal opportunity employer, JBS does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. JBS only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States on a W2 basis.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Important notes:-We are not working with third parties at this time; any resumes from vendors will result in removal from our vendor list.-We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.-This position can be performed 100% remotely or out of one of our offices (CA, TX, CO) fol
Contrast Security named to Inc.'s “Best Workplaces of 2020”Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software.
Implement customer-based solutions and develop products on the Force.com platform using Apex and VisualForceAssist with the planning of application changes, development, and installation of upgrades and new releases.Integrate multiple systems with Salesforce, including internal p
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolesc
QualificationsEducationBachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is required. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for educationExperience5 years of experience as a Java DeveloperExperience