At PSI, our mission is to help people meet their potential. That is our core purpose, enabling our vision to empower people in their careers and drive organizational success. We achieve this by being the one workforce solutions provider that fuses science, technology and expertise to deliver best-in-class testing, assessment and development products and services.
PSI’s culture is as strong as the people who embody our core values. These include our drive to work together as one team, to be dependable in our pursuit of rigor and excellence, to value people and respect everyone’s talents, to embrace diversity in perspectives and culture, and to think creatively with the willingness to experiment.
Learn more about what we do at: http://www.psionline.com
Why This Role is Important to PSI
In this role, you will be responsible for the supporting and developing new features of technology PSI provides to its customers. You will be leading and working closely with the engineering teams to understand what has been developed. Work closely in supporting and developing new features of an existing Java/Spring web based application with a SQL database. Integration with other internal and 3rd party systems. This role is critical to the successful delivery of PSI services and the quality of its products. This role adds significant value to the operation of PSI’s Credentialing business, as this work is crucial for supporting our customers first-hand with a quality service and maintaining our people-focused brand.
Who We Are Looking For
This opportunity is ideal for a determined and proactive individual. A talented and creative full stack software developer who is looking for lead responsibilities. This role requires an analytical thinker who is willing to pay significant attention to detail in their work. It requires empathy and understanding of what the team is going tasked with. We’re also looking for someone who seeks progression and embraces the prospect of being part of a growing organization, where they can personally make a difference.
The Senior Software Engineer role is primarily responsible for:
- Lead point of contact for areas of responsibility within the development team
- Assist in planning tasks
- Lead technical direction and align development team to this direction
- Liaise with wider business leads and clients as required
- Responsible for managing and executing end-to-end for key technology platforms and be accountable for projects
- Develop enterprise class & scalable web applications
- Enhance and support existing web application functionality which includes new feature development and resolving complex code issues as reported
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, product managers and engineers to build modern, scalable, user friendly and functionally robust web applications in an AGILE environment
- Participate in all aspects of SDLC including analysis, requirements, design, implementation, testing and support.
- Use principles, guidelines and best practices as defined.
- Reviewing and analyzing feature requirements
- Maintaining and creating product knowledge documentation
- Researching and embrace new techniques and technology to improve technology
- Other duties may be assigned
- Focus on quality throughout with strong unit testing
Essential Role Requirements
- Experience working with stakeholders to establish acceptance criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 5+ minimum years of relevant work experience
- Experience in Dotnet Core
- Experience with using or designing APIs
- Experience with REACT or Angular
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable learning and applying new technologies to enhance application usability and performance.
- Experience working directly with internal and client stakeholders
- Excellent time and project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and communicate project status accurately.
- Team player with a “can-do” attitude. Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as excellent communication skills, verbal and written to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able and willing to work independently and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Comfortable using source control repository such as GIT and task management tools such as JIRA.
Desirable Role Requirements
- Experience with AWS/Azure serverless applications are a plus
- Experience with microservices architecture is a plus
- Experience with accessibility work (specifically WCAG) is a plus
- Experience building customer facing applications deployed on cloud environments such as AWS/Azure a plus.
PSI offers a variety of competitive workplace benefits, including financial planning support, time off benefits, employee assistance programs, medical cover and participation rewards. We have a vibrant social culture, and we provide opportunities for employees to engage in volunteering and charity activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Important notes:-We are not working with third parties at this time; any resumes from vendors will result in removal from our vendor list.-We are unable to provide sponsorship at this time.-This position can be performed 100% remotely or out of one of our offices (CA, TX, CO) fol
Contrast Security named to Inc.'s “Best Workplaces of 2020”Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software.
Implement customer-based solutions and develop products on the Force.com platform using Apex and VisualForceAssist with the planning of application changes, development, and installation of upgrades and new releases.Integrate multiple systems with Salesforce, including internal p
OUR VISION: THE WORLD. SUBSCRIBED.Customers have changed. They’re looking for new ways to engage with businesses. Consumers today have a new set of expectations. They want outcomes, not ownership. Customization, not generalization. Constant improvement, not planned obsolesc
QualificationsEducationBachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is required. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for educationExperience5 years of experience as a Java DeveloperExperience