TIAA's Global Infrastructure Services team manages our core infrastructure assets. Our team is the first line of support on any production related issues including our network and telecommunications, computing (middleware), and end-user support, as well as the firm's 24x7 data center operations. The Global Infrastructure Services team collaborates closely with our business-aligned partners in technology and with key stakeholders across the enterprise.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Architect, install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot CICS environment for the entire enterprise
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software and existing systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues, restore services and perform root cause analyses
- Documents the design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures
- Build, configure, patch and upgrade core infrastructure platforms
- Participate in project level architecture governance to include the collaboration on and development of solution architectures and designs
- Facilitate the review, vetting of these designs with the architecture governance bodies, as required
- Mentor junior staff on architecture best practices, design patterns, and development
- Architect, install, configure, administer, and troubleshoot MQ infrastructure software in clustered configurations on Linux; Solaris; AIX; Windows and z/OS platforms.
- 5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- 5+ years of experience with CICS/Systems Programming and experience performing SMPE installs, maintenance, system configuration (MRO)
- 3+ years of experience identifying root cause and problem resolutions for SEV1, SEV2, SEV3, and SEV4 CICS Issues, as well as implementing said solutions.
- Provide 24x7 support for a large enterprise platforms on a rotational basis
- 3+ years of experience in the installation and support of third party vendor software such as TMON for CICS, CICS VR, SYSB-II and DumpMaster for CICS, TraceMaster for CICS.
- 1+ year of experience with CICS JAVA, CICS Web Services, CICSPLEX, CICS Explorer, and managing the day to day support of the CICS Transaction Server and MQ on z/OS.
- Working knowledge of or willingness to learn and engineer our other data movement platforms including Apache Kafka, Apache Nifi, Talend, IBM MQ/MQFTE, IBM InfoSphere Information Server, IBM Sterling Integrator, and native AWS data movement services.
- Familiarity with Unix scripting, REXX scripting and CLIST scripting.
- Experience with Ansible, Ansible Tower, Terraform, or other Infrastructure as Code platforms
- Candidates must be able to work independently, be organized, self-motivated, inquisitive problem-solvers with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of CICS and MQ system and application debugging with system and application performance and tuning expertise. Application coding experience is a plus.
- Ability to work closely with Partners, Customers, and Technicians to determine project requirements.
- Willingness to work off-hours and weekends to accommodate implementation requirements.
- Experience with developing in Java
- Experience with Amazon (AWS) messaging services, analytics, and data movement services
- Experience working with Enterprise level data movement products
- Experience with clustered/grid architectures and associated High Availability, workload management and Disaster Recovery practices
- Previous experience working in the financial services industry
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- ITIL experience or certification
- Experience working with IBM Data Movement products
- Project management experience
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Experience working with Linux, AIX, Windows, and Mainframe Operating Systems,
- Experience with Azure, z/OS, SMP/E
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here .
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview:By Light is looking for a Senior Software Developer to be part of the team providing support to our client at VA. The right candidate will bring leadership and technical expertise that will enhance the performance and dependability of VA Loan Guaranty. As a Sr Developer,
General Summary: The Lead Java Developer takes technical ownership of the full software implementation. Leads a team of solution engineers to success, providing visibility and timely delivery of the project. Participates in design, implementation, and integration of software or i
Overview:At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opport
HiThis is Prince from IT-Alliances Inc I have a job requirement on full-time/permanent. Interested can send me the updated resume.Role: -Java DeveloperLocation: - Irving,TX or Tampa, FL (Remote as of now)Duration: - Fulltime/PermanentMust have skills: Strong hands on experience i
Our need is…A Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, anddocumenting software code for the Interoperability Institute.This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.Primary j