About SS&C Technologies:
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivalled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 20,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
You will be a valued member of a cross-functional support team responsible for monitoring, fixing, and ensuring that application availability is maximized. Your primary focus will be to provide the first line of defense by ensuring the overall health and availability of our applications for our clients. You will also script, work and interpret monitoring tools that provide insight into the health and performance of our critical applications. You will be working with other reliability engineers in a supportive environment. Mentoring will be provided to you and you will be expected to mentor other engineers.
We are looking for:
- A highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills and proven ability to quickly understand complex business and systems
- A person with growth mind-set – someone who embrace challenges, adapt well to changes, is proactive, a problem solver, learns from experience, has a passion for continuous learning to develop self and apply new skills
- A team player who communicates and collaborates well with others, both inside and across all related parties. We do large-scale software development and support. Teams are in different locations - communication and collaboration is key for success.
- An individual contributor able to make suggestions for continued improvement or increased efficiencies by eliminating tedious and repetitive work, and providing guided program suggestions that can be implemented in short period
- Strong planning and prioritization skills to meet business unit commitments aligned with company goals and financial responsibilities
- A self-starter who delivers operational results that align with department commitments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information System or related field
- Minimum 4-5 years equivalent work-related experience
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Experience in Java and Java-based Web application development
- Infrastructure as code experience, preferably with Terraform
- Good knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Linux/Unix experience
- Understanding of Microservices architecture using Spring and Spring Cloud technology
- Familiar with tools such as Ansible, Prometheus, Zipkin, Loki, Grafana
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS a plus)
- Worked with JSON, XML, AJAX files
- Good understanding of networking
- Worked with SQL or NoSQL
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodologies
- Experience with CI/CD technologies, preferably with GitHub actions
- Safety is our top priority. To ensure a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees, clients and visitors, SS&C Technologies is requiring any employee in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering one of our office locations. For any position that requires a portion or all of the responsibilities of the job to be performed at an SS&C Office, employees will be required to provide verification of fully vaccinated status.
Location:Kansas City Missouri
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here . SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview:By Light is looking for a Senior Software Developer to be part of the team providing support to our client at VA. The right candidate will bring leadership and technical expertise that will enhance the performance and dependability of VA Loan Guaranty. As a Sr Developer,
General Summary: The Lead Java Developer takes technical ownership of the full software implementation. Leads a team of solution engineers to success, providing visibility and timely delivery of the project. Participates in design, implementation, and integration of software or i
Overview:At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opport
HiThis is Prince from IT-Alliances Inc I have a job requirement on full-time/permanent. Interested can send me the updated resume.Role: -Java DeveloperLocation: - Irving,TX or Tampa, FL (Remote as of now)Duration: - Fulltime/PermanentMust have skills: Strong hands on experience i
Our need is…A Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, anddocumenting software code for the Interoperability Institute.This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.Primary j
More jobs by this company
DomaniRx is a newly formed organization focused on shaping the future of Pharmacy Benefit Management by delivering a cloud-native, API-driven claims adjudication platform.Our team is made up of engineers with varying levels of professional experience and backgrounds, from new gra