Syms Strategic Group (SSG) is seeking a talented Senior Software Developer
Please join SSG’s Florida team in support of a large Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) nationwide program
- Location: Florida
- Department: Veterans Affairs
- Type: Full Time
- Min. Experience: Experienced
- Security Clearance Level: Public Trust (MBI)
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Java/C#/.Net experience required
- Performs system maintenance and enhancements
- Consults with project teams and functional units on the design of important projects or services. Consults with users, to determine software or system functional specifications.
- Designs and develops computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on user defined requirements.
- Writes code, programs, tests, and analyzes new application software.
- Advise IT management about IT issues within the Company.
- Supports existing business systems applications.
- Performs additional job duties as required.
- Proficient in multiple languages and tools.
- Some knowledge in emerging technologies.
- Possesses strong knowledge of application development technologies, tools and methodologies. Works on moderate to complex projects and issues within functional area.
- Works more independently with IT functional units and business units.
- Recommends strategies for improving system applications.
Required Skills and Experience
8+ years’ C# experience
- 8+ years’ .Net experience (Backend)
- 5+ years Java development
- Database Development experience
- Experience in a high paced DevOps environment
- Back-end developer experience
- Experience in large scale Enterprise environments
- U.S. Citizenship required for this position.
None required however AWS Cloud Certification is a plus
Years of Professional Experience
8+ years of C# development experience
8+ years of .NET development experience
5+ Years of Java Development
Database Development experience
Experience in large scale Enterprise environments
Electronic Data Interchange X.12 (EDI) Medical Claims
- X.12 medical claims (837, 834, 277, etc)
Experience with T-SQL
Experience in a high paced DevOps environment
Experience working with remote U.S. based teams (Not Offshore teams)
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software/Systems Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
U.S. Citizenship required for this specific opportunity
Security Clearance Requirements
Must possess or qualify for a Public Trust (MBI)
- SSG will not make assumptions regarding your qualifications. Your answers to the mandatory screening questions must be supported by the information on your resume. Applications with inconsistencies will not be considered.
- Recruiters or Third parties will not be considered
- This is a 100% remote position with Florida being the preferred location. All other U.S. based locations may be considered based upon individual qualifications. Applicants from CA, CO, NJ, NY will not be considered.
- Pursuant to Presidential Executive Order issued on September 9th, 2021, this federal contractor position requires proof of being fully Covid-19 vaccinated by December 8, 2021, unless the employee is legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption. There is no testing alternative and individuals are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the final dose of an approved vaccine.
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Syms Strategic Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview:By Light is looking for a Senior Software Developer to be part of the team providing support to our client at VA. The right candidate will bring leadership and technical expertise that will enhance the performance and dependability of VA Loan Guaranty. As a Sr Developer,
General Summary: The Lead Java Developer takes technical ownership of the full software implementation. Leads a team of solution engineers to success, providing visibility and timely delivery of the project. Participates in design, implementation, and integration of software or i
Overview:At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opport
HiThis is Prince from IT-Alliances Inc I have a job requirement on full-time/permanent. Interested can send me the updated resume.Role: -Java DeveloperLocation: - Irving,TX or Tampa, FL (Remote as of now)Duration: - Fulltime/PermanentMust have skills: Strong hands on experience i
Our need is…A Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, anddocumenting software code for the Interoperability Institute.This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.Primary j
More jobs by this company
Syms Strategic Group (SSG) is seeking a talented Software Developer in Test (SDET)Please join SSG’s Wisconsin team in support of a large Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) nationwide programLocation: WisconsinDepartment: Veterans AffairsType: Full TimeMin. Experience: Expe
Syms Strategic Group (SSG) is seeking a talented Data Architect/DeveloperPlease join SSG’s Florida team in support of a large Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) nationwide programLocation: FloridaDepartment: Veterans AffairsType: Full TimeMin. Experience: ExperiencedSecuri
Syms Strategic Group (SSG) is seeking a talented Senior SQA TesterPlease join SSG’s Florida team in support of a large Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) nationwide programLocation: Florida.Department: Veterans AffairsType: Full TimeMin. Experience: ExperiencedSecurity Cle
Syms Strategic Group (SSG) is seeking a talented C#/.Net DeveloperPlease join SSG’s Florida team in support of a large Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) nationwide programLocation: FloridaDepartment: Veterans AffairsType: Full TimeMin. Experience: ExperiencedSecurity Clea