CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
ABOUT THE COMPANY
As a part of the nation's central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City supports a stable financial system. We work across diverse communities throughout our region and nation to foster understanding in our economy, the payments system, and financial institutions for people from all walks of life.
Together, we serve the public and each other in an innovative environment that values the highest ethical standards. Here you'll find support to develop, united in a clear and common purpose with a diverse team.
We are seeking multiple Java software engineers to join several of our software delivery teams working in a variety of computing environments. These collaborative teams create services using a wide range of technologies related to Java-based software development.
If serving the public through developing Java-based software sounds exciting to you and you possess foundational knowledge about the end-to-end process of delivering software, we invite you to apply to become part of our growing team of software engineers.
- Applies the principles of software engineering to the design, implementation, configuration, and optimization of solutions in support of Java-based applications.
- Demonstrates technical skill in Java and other domain specific languages (HTML, SQL, etc.), as needed.
- Partners with customers and peers in the pursuit of solutions that achieve business goals through traditional or agile software development methodologies.
- Provides on-call support, troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis for supported applications.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or a closely related field, from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
- Based on the level of candidate hired, typically requires at least three to fifteen years of relevant and progressive information technology experience directly related to architecture, design, and development of software solutions, ranging in complexity from department-class to enterprise-class. New team members will be hired into the software engineer job family according to skills and experience.
- At a minimum, successful applicants should possess an intermediate understanding of Industry software development methodologies, standards, and architecture frameworks.
- Experience developing Java-based software is required. This includes a knowledge of Java frameworks (e.g. Spring, JSF, Grails, etc.) and other relevant tools. Experience with WebSphere may be a plus.
- Proficiency in working with databases, Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) tools (e.g. JPA, Hibernate), and SQL is required.
- Proficiency in automated testing and the use of modern CI/CD pipelines using DevOps tooling (e.g. Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, GitLab, Maven, Nexus, Fortify, Sonar, etc.) is required.
- Proficiency in front-end development using Angular or similar technologies is a plus.
- Proficiency in Agile software development principles is a plus.
- Passion for technology with a proven willingness to continuously embrace learning to meet the ever-changing technical landscape.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Continuously improves processes and contributes to innovation.
- Aligns with customer needs and seeks to understand the business to pursue business outcomes.
- Adept at solving problems and able to analyze details while concurrently adopting a big picture view, with an inclination for simple, re-usable solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Develops strong partnerships and relationships with team members, remaining positive to promote a collaborative and team environment.
- United States citizenship is required for this position.
- “Incumbent must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.”
- This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while preforming the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview:By Light is looking for a Senior Software Developer to be part of the team providing support to our client at VA. The right candidate will bring leadership and technical expertise that will enhance the performance and dependability of VA Loan Guaranty. As a Sr Developer,
General Summary: The Lead Java Developer takes technical ownership of the full software implementation. Leads a team of solution engineers to success, providing visibility and timely delivery of the project. Participates in design, implementation, and integration of software or i
Overview:At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opport
HiThis is Prince from IT-Alliances Inc I have a job requirement on full-time/permanent. Interested can send me the updated resume.Role: -Java DeveloperLocation: - Irving,TX or Tampa, FL (Remote as of now)Duration: - Fulltime/PermanentMust have skills: Strong hands on experience i
Our need is…A Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, anddocumenting software code for the Interoperability Institute.This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.Primary j