Participates in design, implementation, and integration of software or independently performs complex software development tasks related to records management and automation. Formulates /defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Assists all phases of software systems programming applications. Evaluates new and existing software products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work effectively as a Java (Backend) developer within cross-functional, agile teams.
- Diagnose/debug faults in complex services or distributed systems.
- Identify and drive recovery levers with feature teams.
- Perform work under continuous deadline pressure.
- Identify and script automatable problems, test and perform work with efficiency in mind.
Education Requirement: Bachelors degree in computer science or related field.
Experience Requirement: Minimum eight (8) years of Java development experience.
Other Requirement(s): This position requires U.S. Citizenship or a Green Card holder and the ability to obtain and maintain a Government public trust level security clearance. For a candidate that is a Green Card holder, they must have lived in the United States for at least three out of the past five years prior to your application date. You will also meet the residency qualifications if you lived abroad while on government or military duty or if you were a dependent of a federal employee of military member.
- BS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 8 years of Java development experience.
- Hands-on experience with Java 8/11, Spring Boot framework, REST API, Microservices and Docker.
- Experience with relational databases, preferably PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Experience working with AWS cloud-based services and tools.
- Experience with search engines, preferably Elastic Search.
- Ability to develop function and test specifications for software development.
- Proficient knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python) for development and automated testing.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with customers and multi-cultural teams.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) in English, in a clear, concise manner.
Work Environment: Work performed in an office or call center environment. Involves frequent contact with staff and customers.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Manual dexterity for office machine operation; stooping, bending to handle equipment and supplies, mobility to complete site visits or deliveries. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Stress can be triggered by multiple demands and deadlines.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned in accordance with business demands and/or contractual requirements.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview:By Light is looking for a Senior Software Developer to be part of the team providing support to our client at VA. The right candidate will bring leadership and technical expertise that will enhance the performance and dependability of VA Loan Guaranty. As a Sr Developer,
Overview:At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opport
Position Title: Software DeveloperSummary: In this key role, you will use your software development skills to design, develop, debug, and deploy Enterprise Java-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications, back-end database structures, and web-based user interface components.
Our need is…A Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, anddocumenting software code for the Interoperability Institute.This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.Primary j
We have an immediate opportunity for an AEM Developer wtih solid Java core coding skills to integrate the AEM application across the enterprise. This position is 100 % remote but will support the client located in the Washington, DC (Dulles, VA) area.The ideal candidate will have
More jobs by this company
General Summary: The Lead Java Developer takes technical ownership of the full software implementation. Leads a team of solution engineers to success, providing visibility and timely delivery of the project. Participates in design, implementation, and integration of software or i
General Summary: Participates in design, implementation, and integration of database engine or independently performs complex database development tasks related to records management and automation. Assists all phases of software systems programming applications. Evaluates new an
General Summary: This role will use technical skills and communications expertise to plan and develop internet sites that meet client needs, from requirements gathering to site completion.Essential Job Functions:Meets with clients to discuss and understand the goals of the websit