(PSES01_22 - Germany / Homeoffice)
The job in a nutshell
As a Java Middleware Developer, you will join our Engineering Services team in Europe and work on customer facing implementations and integrations that are based on OX App Suite, a modular platform designed to deliver a wide range of cloud-based services for telcos, hosters, and other providers. As a member of our innovative team, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to be part of new and large scaling projects and shape the way customers get their needs fulfilled.
The job in bullet points
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency custom solutions for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Complete applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team
- Web development on the middleware with the following tech stack: Java 8, Junit, OSGi, Linux, Docker, Vagrant, Apache Kafka, MySQL, Cassandra, Micronaut, ...
- Analysis of technical problems and communication with our customers
- Strong focus on customer relationships and service deliveries are part of your daily work
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team members, project managers and other engineers in a self-organized way to achieve elegant and maintainable solutions.
- Technical support of our Sales-Engineering team to find ideal solutions for our customer base
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Ideally 4-5 years of hands-on Java Software Development experience
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Understanding of Relational Databases and SQL (MySQL, Galera)
- Structured, self-reliant and reliable way of working
- Team and communication skills, determination, good abstraction skills
- Strong customer orientation and communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advice customers clearly and to liaise effectively with other professionals to understand exactly what customers require
- Good or very good English communication skills
We would be delighted about additional knowledge like
- Experience constructing RESTful endpoints for UI consumption and knowledge of Linux and Internet Services like Apache
- Experience with advanced architectural and design patterns such as Dependency Injection, Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development
- Experience with container platforms and container orchestration, namely Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Gitlab
- Good knowledge of build tools, automation and CI/CD
Our offer to you
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Flexible hours that match well with combining responsibilities of home and family with work
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- A culture of open and frequent feedback
- Hackathons, Workshops and Team events
- Continuous personal development & training
- Language courses (e.g. German, English)
- Company sports - entry to various gyms and swimming pools
- A company pension scheme
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
Who we are
We are a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our key products – OX Cloud, Dovecot, and PowerDNS – are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications via partners such as Deutsche Telekom, GoDaddy, Strato, Orange, Comcast, or web.com.
For further questions, please contact Kerstin Florath via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANYAs the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.The Opportunity: #LI-R
Software EngineerLocation: RemoteAbout InforInfor delivers end-to-end ERP and strategic edge applications that are integrated and delivered in a multi-tenant cloud. We believe that customers need industry-specific solutions and that one size does not fit all.We are proud to serve
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to join our team. The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for Java and web application development, application design (screen mockups, database table design, Java component design), implementation of client calls.
Do you have the skills—and drive—to join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading
Position Description:Position SummaryWould you like to write mission-critical software for one of the most famous and accomplished scientific instruments on the planet? Would you like to be part of a highly skilled team of software engineers and scientists pushing the boundaries.
More jobs by this company
(OASE01_22 - Germany / Italy / Spain / France/ Finland / Netherlands ) As a Linux Cloud Engineer for Europe you will make the difference!As linux administrator, you can work from any City in Europe, preferably near one of our offices in Hamburg, Bremen, Dortmund, Olpe, The Hague.