SS&C Health is a hybrid organization made up of software/systems engineers and analysts who are responsible for core applications development and support and have capacity for future growth.
Our team is made up of engineers with varying levels of professional experience and backgrounds, from new graduates to 20-year veterans of the healthcare industry. We are looking for creative engineers and technologists: relevant industry experience is important, but less so than your demonstrated abilities, passion and attitude. We’re always improving and looking for individuals that enjoy being challenged and have a strong desire to make the engineering experience better for our users.
As a Senior Java developer, you will enhance and support the web applications that are used to run our business.
This position is full-time, and location is flexible.
- Support a suite of Java applications that are primarily built using enterprise Java.
- Troubleshoot business logic and performance issues in existing Java applications.
- Enhance existing Java applications to fix bugs or add new functionality.
- Plan, execute, and troubleshoot application deployments.
- Participate in an on-call rotation providing 24x7 support for key applications.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of work-related experience, or 4 years equivalent work-related experience
- Engineering degree, related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- A solid foundation in object-oriented programming in Java.
- Experience with enterprise Java technologies including JSF, EJB, JPA, and JMS.
- Experience troubleshooting and tuning database queries using SQL and ORM frameworks such as Hibernate and EclipseLink.
- Experience using the Spring Framework.
- Experience learning new open source software, APIs and frameworks.
- Experience with enterprise Java application servers such as JBoss EAP (Preferred), WAS, or WebLogic.
- Familiarity with version control software such as Subversion (svn) and/or Git.
- Experience working in an agile environment using the Scrum Framework.
- Experience refactoring large applications to improve performance and/or resilience.
- Experience writing and maintaining Ansible playbooks.
- Experience with migrating projects from svn to Git.
- Experience with UI development using Angular.
- Experience developing and supporting Spring Boot applications.
About SS&C Technologies:
SS&C Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a global provider of financial services software and software-enabled services. Founded in 1986, SS&C has built the most comprehensive powerhouse of software technology in the financial services industry – technology that complements our unrivaled expertise and professionalism in fund administration, insurance and pension funds, and asset and wealth management accounting and operations. Named by Forbes as one of America’s best midsize employers, SS&C has more than 23,000 employees and 15,000 clients worldwide, and is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Australia.
Location:Kansas City Missouri
SS&C is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here and here . SS&C is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for assistance.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Job no: 521326Work type: Administrative & ProfessionalSenior management: Vice President-Info TechnologyDepartment: Enterprise SystemsLocation: Blacksburg - Main Campus, Fully RemoteCategories: Information Systems / TechnologyJob Description90%Develop.
Stefanini Group is hiring!Do you want to be a part of a highly innovative, digitally transformative team and work on cutting-edge, state-of-the-art technologies? If yes, then this is for you!Open to W2 candidates only!Position Description:The J2EE Development.
Job SummaryFracsys Inc is seeking a Sr.Java Developer with ReactJS, REST API, Angular JS, JQuery, Spring Framewok and PostgreSQL experience.. Experience with AWS components such as AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Mulesoft and DynamoDB is required. Core Java.
Zachary Piper Solutions is actively seeking a 100% Remote Jr. Full Stack Java Developer to support a government contractor on a newly awarded contract.** Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance**Responsibilities for the 100% Remote.
Lead Solr EngineerWe are looking for a data-driven, operations-oriented, engineer to maintain, enhance and scale our industry-leading real estate search platform. In this role, you will design, implement, and maintain Solr collections and data pipelines.
More jobs by this company
The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting regulations. Increased customer expectations.That's where you'll find SS&C, helping clients find opportunity in ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory requirements. Mastering.