WWC Global is looking for a JAVA Developer to support full lifecycle management (Analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, integration and maintenance) for systems. This position is substantially a remote (work from home) position with the possibility of minor travel. The developer will develop new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software. The developer be called on to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall systems. The candidate will leverage their knowledge and experience to apply software engineering principles, tools, and advanced techniques to develop and support applications, including software development methodologies, database design methodologies, programming languages, source code control for release management, and disaster recovery methodologies.
We are looking for applicants with exceptional technical and communications skills with the ability to build and maintain strong virtual relationships with team members to promote improved operations through continuous performance improvement of Mission Operations. Strongest candidates are proactive self-starters known to identify areas for improvement, initiate processes & enhancements to increase productivity and performance. Strongest candidates will also be highly effective working in virtual environments and have the discipline and work ethics to succeed in virtual work environments.
- Develops new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Develops requirements, workflow and systems analysis.
- Uses judgment to suggest solutions that balance customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities.
- Applies standard software engineering practices in the development of the software solutions.
- Participates in defining and may participate in performing software build, release, and installation procedures.
- Documents work and results.
- Develops test plans and performs testing.
- Collaborates effectively with designers, researchers, engineers, product managers, marketers, and other team members.
Expected salary range: $94,000 - $124,000
This position is contingent on contract award.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone and printers) and /or occasional Loud noise (airfield, large equipment).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
- Employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 0-20% / Occasional travel.
WWC Global is a small, woman-owned business providing management consulting services to U.S. government agencies.
At WWC Global, our employees are the embodiment of our success as a firm. Our team is comprised of a tenacious group of diverse professionals located across the globe. It includes military veterans and spouses of active duty troops, former federal employees, policy experts, academics, attorneys, and technical and business experts, all of whom share a strong work ethic and the skills to succeed in both collaborative and independent environments. WWC Global is invested in the long-term success of both our clients and colleagues for the right reasons. Our dedication to putting good government into practice is underpinned by a merit-based culture that measures success by productivity and credibility.
WWC Global will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability. Please send your request to WWC Global HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WWC Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we do not discriminate based on age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
WWC Global's Affirmative Action Program is available to any employee or applicant for employment for inspection upon request, to the extent required by federal regulations. The Affirmative Action Program can be accessed during normal business hours by making an appointment with WWC Global HR at email@example.com.
- Agile development within DevOps team environment understanding/experience.
- Understanding entity relationship (ER) diagrams and/or other graphical data design representations illustrating data flow and extraction (conceptual, logical, and physical data designs).
- Understanding of data dictionaries that provide the semantic definition of all data and data re-use in accordance with current data policies.
- Work within architecture standards and documentation, which illustrates the source and destination of data to/from approved data sources.
- Follow release management standards and practices from Inception thru Production activities
- Develop and execute SQL queries on various database platforms
- Collaborate closely with the Product Owner and other technical delivery team members to comprehend and change SQL code based on User Stories (DSU’s and Service Delivery)
- Advanced knowledge of techniques and tools that support applications such as software development methodologies, user-centric design, database design methodologies, programming languages, source code control for release management, and disaster recovery methodologies. (Oracle, SQL, Java, Wildfly middleware is a plus)
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and software development methodologies.
- Overall knowledge of software development concepts, but may specialize in a specific software development discipline such as software testing, user interface design, or web development.
- Knowledge and experience in testing methodologies, including the ability to troubleshoot and identify solutions for issues.
- Knowledge or experience with applying user-centered design processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment and interact with diverse customers understanding the business domain.
- Ability to develop innovative long-term solutions that are easy to use, integrate with other applications, and are straightforward to maintain.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through to completion on multiple tasks, often under strict deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective communicator and presenter.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to pass a federal background investigation including fingerprinting.
- Must be able to support the client during Mountain Standard Time (MST) hours.
- Executive Order 14042, the vaccine mandate for federal contractors, is enjoined and not currently being enforced. Yet the OSHA ETS has recently been reinstated, requiring business of 100 employees or more to comply. Personnel must comply with the vaccine requirements of the ETS.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. WWC Global will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Experience supporting Sandia.
- Experience supporting NNSA.
WWC Global offers a competitive benefits plan including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
Eligibility requirements apply.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
About LumenLumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to he
SS&C Health is a hybrid organization made up of software/systems engineers and analysts who are responsible for core applications development and support and have capacity for future growth.Our team is made up of engineers with varying levels of professional experience and ba
Role: ServiceNow Solution ArchitectRequired Technical Skill Set (Broad Skills mentioned here not all of them are required): ServiceNow Platform, Java, Java Scripts, Ajax, HTML, CSS, Angular JS, XMLDesired experience range: 8-12 yearsResponsibilities: Understanding and documentin
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, techn
Want to build new features and improve existing products that more than a billion people around the world use? Are you interested in working on highly impactful technical challenges to help the world be more open and connected? Want to solve unique, large-scale, highly complex te
More jobs by this company
WWC Global is looking for a Cloud Based Software Engineer - Programmer to support a Software Engineering team of technical professionals focused on providing O&M support for a series of legacy applications and data/content recently deployed into a new external Microsoft Cloud