We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to join our team. The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for Java and web application development, application design (screen mockups, database table design, Java component design), implementation of client calls to Restful web services for external vendors, configuration of application server (currently WebSphere) to host application, and creation of process flow diagrams, Interface Control Documents (ICSs) and network diagrams.
- Functional point of contact for application interfacing with BSA, BPL developers, testers, customers, and external vendors
- Assists BSA and developers in translating business user stories to technical user stories
- Troubleshoots application issues by involving support teams (Middleware, Unix, Telecom Perimeter and Network Performance
- Merges code changes across source code control branches
- Troubleshoots Production support issues related to the application code
- Explains system internals to testers and helps them determine what issues are defects
- Review Java code written by developers to ensure adherence to standards and good coding practices
- Java coding knowledge (10+ years’ experience)
- JAVA , Moderate SQL experience, additional PYTHON experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience using Eclipse IDE
- Experience with ORM technology such as JPA or Hibernate
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL
- Experience with Source Code Control
- Experience with Restful web services
- Experience with a web service client tool such as Postman or Soap UI
- Candidates must be a US Citizen, or have permanent residence status (Green Card)
- Experience with Subversion and/or GitHub
- Experience with Java Server Faces (JSF)
- Experience with WebSphere application server
- Experience with WebSphere application server
- Experience with WildFly application server
Education: BS with 8 – 10 years’ professional experience, MS with 6-8 years’ experience, or PhD with 3-5 years’ experience
Background Check: This position requires successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and a credit check.
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Remote – Candidates must be located within the contiguous United States
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
This position is open to fully-remote candidates who can work from anywhere in the United States and Canada. Candidates also have the option to work from one of our office locations in Chicago or Toronto.Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ:.
Are you interested in learning about healthcare professions and the latest healthcare innovations in the KC area? Become part of an organization that is dedicated to making a difference in both your career and community.Job Description Summary :The Application.
A career in our Cybersecurity, Privacy and Forensics will provide you the opportunity to solve our clients most critical business and data protection related challenges. You will be part of a growing team driving strategic programs, data analytics, innovation,.
Who We AreDecent envisions a world where everyone has the freedom to do the work they want without sacrificing access to affordable and comprehensive healthcare. We offer more affordable health insurance options for start-up to midsize businesses by.
Company DescriptionDropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries,.
Company DescriptionSwiftly is a mission-driven company and a big data platform for transportation. The platform weaves data analytics, intuitive visualizations, and real-time predictive technologies into applications that drive smarter decisions for.
5 plus years experience in one of the languages (Python/Java) and working knowledge of SQL and DatabasesBasic knowledge and understanding in emerging technologies of Cloud, Distributed computing and big dataGood experience monitoring logs, Reviewing.
More jobs by this company
We have an exciting opportunity for a Database Developer to join our team.Key Responsibilities:Designs, develops, implements, and maintains complex business, accounting, and management information systems.Works on complex assignments.Design databases.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our team.Key Responsibilities:Leads meetings with stakeholders to identify, assess, document, and review software requirementsTranslates business requirements to functional requirements;.