Pettable was founded to connect pet owners with qualified mental health professionals in their state who can prescribe ESA (Emotional Support Animal) Letters for housing and travel. Our service is compliant with federal and state laws and helps pet owners navigate the often confusing ESA process on one simple platform. We believe that pet owners who have legitimate mental health challenges should be able to live and travel with the pets who provide them so much needed support.
Pettable has grown quickly and profitably since its launch in April 2021 and has plans to expand its business into several mental health adjacencies over the next two years. To support these expansion plans we are looking for an experienced engineer with a proven track record of building products and solutions that scale and work.
Pettable is a mission-driven company and our ultimate goal is to make a substantial and impactful contribution toward solving the challenges of the global mental health epidemic over the next five years. The Engineering Lead will be a key part of this expansion and a critical member of the team.
You will drive growth and day to day operations by optimizing our existing tooling and integrations. We currently operate a Webflow frontend and Coda-based CRM system which we are transitioning over to a more advanced solution.
While this position requires programming skills and an engineering mindset, you will be a true strategic partner to the CEO, providing big picture business solutions and resourcing plans.
What You'll Do
- You will work in cross-functional teams, collaborating with other engineers, data experts, designers, and growth managers.
- You will be a trusted advisor on quick experimentation to solve or optimize business challenges by helping find platforms or building custom solutions efficiently.
- You’ll work across a multitude of technologies, platforms and frameworks, we always analyze problems and choose the best tool for the job.
- You will do individual contributor work as a senior developer, and eventually build out a team to support future business operations.
Who You Are
- Problem solver. We don’t expect you to know everything but we expect you to have a can-do attitude towards problems that are in the IT domain and can be solved.
- Collaborative. You work effectively with both engineers and experts from adjacent teams to solve the task at hand with the utmost empathy towards the stakeholders affected by the outcome.
- Strategic. You can efficiently understand business challenges and come up with a plan that addresses short, medium, and long-term approaches to solving the challenge.
- Driven. You must be passionate about building business and efficiently solving problems versus just thriving on tech for the sake of tech.
- Agile. You’re open and excited to try new things in an ambiguous environment.
- Humble. You find it easy to check your ego at the door and to take and give thoughtful feedback.
What You'll Bring
- 5-8 years of experience, ideally as a Senior Engineer, Solutions Engineer or Architect
- Experience building out engineering programs and making tooling decisions to solve high level business problems
- Experience building out and/or leading teams, either in house or outsourced, is a plus but not mandatory
- Strong understanding of the basics of web businesses (user acquisition, reporting, analytics) and the structure of web (hostings, HTTP, tracking, tag manager, cloud)
What to Expect
- The rate of learning at early-stage companies is so high that priorities constantly evolve. Thus, being highly adaptable and flexible is key. However, we’d like to share a general idea of the direct impact you could make within the first three months on the team:
- 30 Days: Get up to speed on how things are done at Pettable. Get your first few individual contributor work deliverables. Learn our sprint process and be able to contribute meaningfully during planning. Work with the growth and product design experts.
- 60 Days: Managed a few bottom-line impacting initiatives. Implemented a few A/B Tests. Mapped and understood user journeys and data collection for analysis of the funnel
- 90 Days: Worked on the initial product brainstorming to get new initiatives started quickly. Worked on the data engineering tasks with the help of other engineers.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
We're reinventing the way people interact with their finances and we could use your help. A Banno apprenticeship offers you a chance to think about and solve fascinating, important problems. Here, everyone has a voice, a chance to ask tough questions,.
Landing a construction project on schedule and on budget is a herculean task– different teams, different designs, every single time. With hundreds of thousands of variables changing everyday, optimizing construction outcomes has become a massive challenge..
Overview:ArcGIS web development technology allows developers build engaging web mapping applications that are used by organizations around the globe to tackle some of the world’s most critical challenges. Join Esri and help shape the future of our products.
Are you passionate about bringing together your technical acumen and communication skills to drive digital strategies for a nonprofit working to shift the tide of substance use disorder in America?We're seeking a curious, thoughtful midlevel software.
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work.We are looking for a Product Designer to help us accomplish this mission.Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada,.