Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages activities that take place during solution requirements gathering, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Review business context for the solution challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Communicates the architecture to the stakeholders and collaborates and coordinates with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Champions a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Assures solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the standards guidelines of technology solutions.
- Influences changes to standards when necessary.
- Assists domain architecture team on solutions management.
- Directs the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
- Develops and executes solutions which further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
- Provides analysis of security protection technologies as necessary.
- Lead the effort to document requirements needed to institute a system with a custom web application, ETL, central database, and Business Intelligence components.
- Work closely with corporate and customer Information Technology professionals to select and ensure hardware is available for development and production environments and is working properly.
- Propose and establish framework for necessary contributions from various impacted stakeholder groups.
- Define and document project technical challenges, constraints, risks & issues, scope, and estimated time to develop, test, and deploy.
- Work closely with project teams to successfully monitor progress.
- Document a detailed Design Specification for proposed solution to include logical and physical design flows.
- Oversee the system deployment and migration of data from legacy systems to new solution.
- Respond to all technical and system problems in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS Computer Science, Computer Software Engineering, Information Technology, Statistics, or Mathematics required. Master of Science degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in Information Technology with 4 years in an Architect role.
- Experience developing IT enterprise and cloud infrastructure.
- 3 years' experience with Full-stack development
- 2 years' experience with Spring Boot Framework development
- 3 years' experience with RESTful API and API development
- 3 years' experience with JSON and XML interface data formats
- 3 years' experience with React.js, Node.js, and Java
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience in software engineering and design architecture
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- 5 years' experience with Microsoft Server 2016 or later and Active Directory
- 3 years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server (installation and configuration)
- 3 years' experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux
- 5 years' experience with SAN/NAS and cloud storage systems
- Professional experience working with and analyzing computer hardware and software.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with operating systems.
- Outstanding problem solver.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to provide proof of Covid vaccination.
- 10+ years of design/implementation experience with distributed applications.
- Minimum five (5) years of hands-on working experience with AWS
- 5+ years' experience with micro-services architecture.
- Experience with the implementation of software systems within the AWS cloud environment that leverages specific, available AWS applications, utilities, and tools, including Elastic Computing Cloud (EC2), Simple cloud Storage Service (S3), Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Deep knowledge and experience with AWS in a production environment (network, security policies, deployment, automation, serverless technologies).
- Experience in domain driven design, event driven architecture, and service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with modern integration techniques, building API's in REST, messaging, streaming such as Apigee, KAFKA, IBM MQ, etc.
- 5+ years of ETL, data warehouse, and data analytics delivery experience on internal or external cloud platforms.
- Experience supporting senior level leaders/executives.
- Experience applying new technologies to business needs in a technologically innovative, change-driven organization.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of all phases of project development and testing lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment.
- Ability to mentor and train less experienced staff
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing, PaaS design principles, and micro services and containers.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 or later and Active Directory Service
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 or later
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Microsoft Azure cloud services
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
- Experience with LAMP (Redhat Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP) stack preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $140,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- IT design/implementation: 10 years (Required)
- Spring Boot Framework: 3 years (Required)
- RESTful API and API development: 3 years (Required)
- JSON and XML interface: 3 years (Required)
- Node.js and Java: 6 years (Required)
- SAN/NAS and cloud storage systems: 6 years (Required)
- RedHat Enterprise Linux: 3 years (Required)
- PaaS design principles and micro services and containers: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Our team supporting a U.S. Federal Agency is looking for a Software Architect with AWS experience. This is a 100% Fully remote position. Candidates must reside and work in the United States and be a U.S. citizen or a Green Card holder.The ideal candidate.
Are you passionate about bringing together your technical acumen and communication skills to drive digital strategies for a nonprofit working to shift the tide of substance use disorder in America?We're seeking a curious, thoughtful midlevel software.
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work.We are looking for a Product Designer to help us accomplish this mission.Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada,.
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington URL: https://www.i4cp.comThe Institute for Corporate Productivity (i4cp) has an opening for a talented and motivated developer to join our software product team. We are looking for an engineer who takes pride in robust.
Headquarters: New York, NY URL: https://clevertech.bizExperience Remote done Right. Over 20 years of remote experience, all 500+ staff are 100% remote and we still grow vibrant relationships and provide exceptional opportunities for career growth while.
More jobs by this company
All Visa Status are acceptableOur client will hire US Citizens and Green Card holderOur client is offering a 4 month Contract to Hire for all other visa types, but candidates must have lived in the US for the past 2 yearsLooking for Java developers with.