POSITION TITLE: Software Engineering Instructor
REPORTS TO: Manager, Technical Instruction
TRAINING LAUNCH DATE: 7/11/22
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a Technical Instructor to deliver high-end technical training to underemployed and unemployed community residents for purposes of higher economic development and improvement of quality of life. The Technical Instructor must be self-directed and self-motivated, and comfortable with making intermediate-level decisions to adapt processes and curriculum delivery based on current conditions. The Technical Instructor works in collaboration with peers with learner support and works with the Managing Director to change policies, procedures, and strategic planning.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Deliver technology skills training and assessments to prepare students for entry-level to mid-level careers in the field of software development Daily instruction, assessment administration, attendance, one-on-one tutoring, evaluation, and monitoring of individual student progress
- Be Adept in learning new software tools, languages, and technologies as needed.
- Work closely with the team to identify student needs, provide the necessary support, and establish individualized plans for student achievement
- Tutor students as needed
- Work with Career Advance team to ensure alumni are completing additional requirement
- Maintain Salesforce database with student scores and attendance
- Work with Career Advancement team to ensure volunteers from the business community interact with students as classroom speakers, mentors, and small group coaches
- Work with Career Advancement team to recommend students for particular employment opportunities
- Monitor student compliance to attendance and other program policies, and address violations with students in a consistent manner. Work with Manager, Career Advancement to ensure documents such as probationary and termination letters are prepared and delivered.
- Connect students with the resources necessary for them to overcome their individual barriers to maintaining success in school
- Create, submit and maintain training curricula for approval and school files.
- Work closely with the Program Design team to create student content on the PS Academy.
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week to preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing PS curriculum content.
- Work closely with co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO US:
- You have at least 2+ years of experience working on a software development team.
You have working experience in both front-end and back-end development, and are fluent in:
- HTML5 and CSS3
- At least one JS MV* framework (Angular, Backbone, or React preferred)
- SQL databases (we generally use PostgreSQL)
- NoSQL (we generally cover MongoDB)
- A Bachelor’s (or Master’s) degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
- Experience with curriculum, syllabus development, and lesson planning.
- Experience with student assessment; and a talent to continuously evaluate the curriculum to identify what is working and what improvements can be made
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- You are data-driven, result-oriented and a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills.
- You are tech savvy and can learn fast.
- You are strong at managing your time and you can balance multiple projects and tasks.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should be able to access well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources.
For this role specifically, we are targeting a salary of $75,000/year, with a range between $70,000/year and $78,750/year, where the difference in salary is typically determined by several factors, including geography in which the selected candidate resides, and alignment with qualifications and experience.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
Per Scholas strives to deliver an equitable compensation and benefits package to support the financial, mental and physical wellness of our staff. We offer 37 paid days off during your first year of employment, Summer Fridays (early close each Friday of the Summer), medical benefits with premiums starting below $20 per paycheck, $1 for $1 matching on 401k contributions up to 6% of pay.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national organization that has been advancing economic mobility for more than 25 years. Through rigorous training, professional development, and robust employer connections, we prepare individuals traditionally underrepresented in technology for high-growth careers in the industry. We partner with leading employers to build more diverse talent pools, directly connecting our graduates to new career opportunities at businesses ranging from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups. With campuses in 17 cities, Per Scholas has trained more than 16,000 individuals in tech skills, building bridges to careers in technology. To learn more, visit PerScholas.org and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our Talent team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Xometry is the source for on-demand manufacturing, offering massive capacity, instant online quotes, fast lead times, and affordable pricing. Our global network of over 5,000 manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times.
Headquarters: NYC / Remote URL: https://frameableinc.comOur video call infrastructure runs on WebRTC, MediaSoup, ffmpeg, and TensorFlow. As we scale up, we are looking for smart, creative, talented, experienced engineers to both develop new functionality,.
Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States URL: https://thoughtbot.com/jobsWe're growing and are looking to add a Software Development Team Lead to our team.We're looking for an experienced technical leader who is excited to support our development.
Company DescriptionAt Revalize, we build the software and technology that powers sales of manufactured, complex products. Our customers rely on our software to select and sell everything from commercial ovens, to specialized pumps and valves, to grain.
Lead Software EngineerHelp us build meaningful software in healthcare used by doctors, patients, and researchers worldwide.OverviewDoxy.me help doctors provide remote medical care, researchers collect structured data, the general public understand the.