The Team You'll Impact
Motobyo (https://motobyo.com) is an online automotive marketplace that allows customers to sell their used autos to a local dealer or create an auction to sell them to anyone looking for a vehicle. We are an early stage, funded startup that is just about to release our product to customers in the Philadelphia area.
The Work You'll Do
The Lead Application Developer will be responsible for leading the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of all the Motobyo applications. This includes, but is not limited to, the marketplace and auction applications as well as the custom pricing calculator tool that allows our customers to get the best prices for their vehicles. You will create compelling features on web and (future) mobile applications and work with our CTO and overseas development team to build industry-leading solutions for our customers.
More specifically, you will:
- Implement and test software applications using technologies that include Node.js, React, React Native, SQL, and AWS.
- Build high-quality software
- Maintain the software after the release
- Complete the agreed-upon goals for all releases
- Mentor the other developers and drive best practices for use within the team
- Lead design discussions and own the architecture
- Act with the utmost professionalism, maturity, and work through disagreements in a positive manner
- Keep your technical knowledge up to date and actively work to apply this knowledge to improve our solutions
What We Need from You
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or successful completion of an accredited code school
- Several years of proven success as a technical team leader
- Git and automated deployment experience
- Agile and automated release experience
- Unit testing frameworks preferred
- Attention to detail
- Passionate, self-directed and a champion for technology within the company
- Willing to work extended hours to meet deadlines when required
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What We Can Offer
- Competitive pay
- Development mentorship and career growth
- Ability to work with all departments and have a direct impact on our success
- Health Insurance
- Hybrid (Philadelphia suburbs) or remote position
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Have you ever sold a car to someone that wasn't a dealer? If so, can you explain the process and any pain points that you felt.
- Have you ever considered buying or selling a car online? Explain your reasons.
- What is important to you in a technical architecture and the codebase itself? Please include areas that you are passionate about other than the coding side or problem solving.
- What skills are important to you when working with other developers? We're looking for both technical and soft skills.
- How do you measure success at your job?
- Software Development & Architecture Occupations: 5 years (Required)
- Technical Team Leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- DevOps: 2 years (Preferred)
- Automated Testing: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Are you passionate about bringing together your technical acumen and communication skills to drive digital strategies for a nonprofit working to shift the tide of substance use disorder in America?We're seeking a curious, thoughtful midlevel software.
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work.We are looking for a Product Designer to help us accomplish this mission.Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada,.
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington URL: https://www.i4cp.comThe Institute for Corporate Productivity (i4cp) has an opening for a talented and motivated developer to join our software product team. We are looking for an engineer who takes pride in robust.
Headquarters: New York, NY URL: https://clevertech.bizExperience Remote done Right. Over 20 years of remote experience, all 500+ staff are 100% remote and we still grow vibrant relationships and provide exceptional opportunities for career growth while.
Three.js and 3D model/Web visualization Software EngineerAre you passionate about applying technology to streamline the homeownership journey? Would you like to play with ground-breaking technology in a way that you can take advantage of? Let’s talk..