Are you passionate about bringing together your technical acumen and communication skills to drive digital strategies for a nonprofit working to shift the tide of substance use disorder in America?
We're seeking a curious, thoughtful software engineer with a big picture aperture to be part of our small, product-focused team. This individual should be dedicated to developing smart user experiences that ladder up to The Phoenix's business goals and adept at keeping non-technical stakeholders apprised of solutions along the way. We're looking for someone who has a constant pulse on how the technology landscape is changing and evolving and shows enthusiasm in sharing innovative ideas that can drive tangible impact for members.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for learning our integrated systems and building and executing on solutions to optimize these systems in collaboration with the rest of the team. They will also be a trusted resource in synthesizing the team's technical points of view to share out with external vendors and internal team members.
- Collaborate cross-functionally on enhancements to web and mobile product suite ensuring tasks are completed on time and within the outlined scope
- Work with external mobile app vendors to lead data mapping and integration efforts in collaboration with the Full Stack Web Engineer
- Lead technical design discussions on key features
- Contribute to building product features across the full stack (from the front-end to the back-end)
- Develop clean and maintainable code, with an emphasis on quality and craftsmanship
- Conduct code reviews and collaborate with peers
- Rapidly build prototypes/simulations from mockups that can be directly implemented
- Create clean interfaces and smooth interactions based on UI/UX designs and documentation for a range of devices, including mobile, tablet and desktop
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Communicate with non-technical stakeholders around code recommendations and proposed solutions
- 5+ years of professional web development/architecture experience
- Experience working with third party APIs and SDKs
Node.js, PHP, .NET or similar object-oriented programming language
- Kotlin multiplatform a plus
- Vue.js or React a plus
- Gitlab and CI deployment experience
- Database management experience (Postgres SQL or MySQL)
- Superb collaboration and communication skills
- Exception ability to lead technologic innovation
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team and individually
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
We welcome all great applicants to apply even if you don't have all these preferred attributes
- WordPress custom theme/plugin development
- Salesforce APEX experience
- AWS or Unix Server Administration
- Lived experience as a peer in recovery
- 403(b) retirement plan with 4% match
- Paid time off (vacation/sick days/skill enhancement days)
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
The Phoenix's mission is to build a sober active community that fuels resilience and harnesses the transformational power of connection so that together we rise, recover, and live. Through activities such as CrossFit, climbing, hiking, yoga, boxing, and meditation, participants build confidence, self-respect, and community. The Phoenix offers free programs for anyone with 48 hours of sobriety, operating in 108 counties across 36 states and for people around the globe virtually. Since 2006, we have served 77,669 individuals.
At The Phoenix, we welcome people from all backgrounds and strive to create a healing-centered environment that allows everyone to bring their authentic selves to the workplace. We seek to create a workplace environment that accurately reflects the diverse communities we serve. We understand that voices of varied experiences and perspectives are central to our mission and our impact. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
A market leader in credit intelligence, Reorg brings together journalists, financial analysts, legal analysts, technologists, and data scientists to collect and synthesize highly complex information into actionable intelligence. Since 2013, tens of thousands.
Description:Vector Solutions serves everyday heroes by delivering intelligent software solutions that empower them to make safer, smarter, better decisions. We believe passionately in providing critical knowledge, when, where, and how they need it. Everything.
Entrepreneur Babes is looking to hire a full stack software developer to join our software development team. In this position, you will be responsible for coding both sides of the program, so our ideal candidate has experience with both front-end languages.
Piper Companies is seeking a Web Architect for a research-based organization based in North Carolina. The Web Architect will be expected to work in a REMOTE environment. This position requires a person who has experience in all parts of application development..