Do you want to help build the foundations of a better web alongside a passionate, high-impact team? 3Box Labs is building the data rails for Web3, Ceramic Network. Already used by 1500 of the world's most ambitious applications, Ceramic is the building block for composable data. You'll tackle novel challenges, work closely with incredible partners and our rapidly growing community, and help us reinvent how data is managed online.
As a software engineer on our product team you will drive development of the main client library for Ceramic that enables a wide variety of identity and data solutions.
What success looks like
- Ceramic has a world class SDK which emphasises Ceramic's unique features while feeling familiar to developers
- New developers in our community easily get up to speed on how to use our tools and products, with a comprehensive understanding of how all pieces fit together
- Community feedback is systematically incorporated into our tooling and documentation
- Our tools and products exhibit top notch performance, security, reliability, and usability
- You help maintain the existing tools codebases, notably keeping track of dependencies updates, development tools and test setups
- You work with the Ceramic protocol team to provide input and feedback to protocol developments with empathy for developers using our tools and products
You'd likely be a great candidate if you have
- Used React or similar frameworks
- Experience with a variety of tools in the Web ecosystem (such as Webpack, Rollup, Babel...)
- Experience integrating third-party libraries/APIs
- Previous experience working with the web3 ecosystem
- Worked on projects with a strong focus on UX or DX
- An ability to easily switch between different types of projects (scripts, apps, libraries, CLIs...)
- A commitment to testing and an understanding of the importance of robust testing frameworks
- An ability to understand and communicate effectively about tradeoffs in various designs and software architectures
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and a desire to work as part of a team committed to a common goal
Comp & Benefits
Our benefits align with our values and operating model - we want everyone to help own and drive our purpose in their own way, with compensation and benefits to match.
- Generous equity for everyone (potential for tokens in the future)
- Competitive salary that is fair across the globe
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Budget for learning, travel, and community leadership
- Healthcare and benefits depending on location
- Working in the center of the world's most interesting developer community and movement
We are a lean, voraciously curious team from across the globe. We have 5 years of expert remote work experience and frequent (and awesome) team retreats to spend time together. We are impact-driven, intentional about our role, communications, and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction. We're backed by an incredible community and the best investors in the space (USV, Placeholder, Variant, Multicoin) who have deep conviction in our mission.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We cannot succeed in our mission without it. People that identify with groups traditionally underrepresented in tech are particularly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $200,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Software Engineer: 1 year (Required)
- Java: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Are you passionate about bringing together your technical acumen and communication skills to drive digital strategies for a nonprofit working to shift the tide of substance use disorder in America?We're seeking a curious, thoughtful midlevel software.
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work.We are looking for a Product Designer to help us accomplish this mission.Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada,.
Headquarters: Seattle, Washington URL: https://www.i4cp.comThe Institute for Corporate Productivity (i4cp) has an opening for a talented and motivated developer to join our software product team. We are looking for an engineer who takes pride in robust.
Headquarters: New York, NY URL: https://clevertech.bizExperience Remote done Right. Over 20 years of remote experience, all 500+ staff are 100% remote and we still grow vibrant relationships and provide exceptional opportunities for career growth while.
Three.js and 3D model/Web visualization Software EngineerAre you passionate about applying technology to streamline the homeownership journey? Would you like to play with ground-breaking technology in a way that you can take advantage of? Let’s talk..